Notices
Lancer General Come on in and discuss the US Lancer.

Lancer shocks, struts, and bushings here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2004, 09:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lancer shocks, struts, and bushings here

I've been doing a lot of searching in the forums for the last couple weeks trying to find out where we are with shocks, struts, polyurethane bushing kits for the Lancer. I can't find a listing for the Ralliart shocks on RMR. Tokico has nothing listed for our car, nor KYB. I also looked into Eibach prodampers, Edelbrock shocks, Koni, no luck. Energy suspension bushings, hyper-flex nothing. 2 years no progress? Tein dampers a bit out of price range. Looking for something more in KYB pricing. Trust me I've done plenty of searching. Any answers? I'm looking exclusively at suspension parts.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 08:47 AM

Man there is a MASSIVE thread on this topic on this board. Just search for strut(s) and you'll find all the info and then some that we know.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

no one makes replacement struts as of now... except for tein, jic, and now someone on ebay but no one has tried them out
Old Apr 8, 2004, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

On the tokico web site they list them as a mirage '03. I called them and they said they have them for the es. Im not sure if they fit. RRM said they tried to fit them but they said the fronts dont fit. Im trying to figure it out myself. I think I'll call rrm about them. Ive posted a few threads on this but no one responds. Maybe Ill call tokico instead to resolve this problem.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

I just went to the tokico web site and they do list them for the mirage '03. I looked at the applications and I saw the front shocks with 2 numbers. Possibly one fits the lancer. I will call them and get back to you on it.
Old Apr 8, 2004, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by OZRally17HS
Man there is a MASSIVE thread on this topic on this board. Just search for strut(s) and you'll find all the info and then some that we know.
If that thread was conclusive I wouldn't be asking this question. Fact of the matter is, there are no definite answers on this situation. Today I've called every parts store in my area. They offer nothing but springs for this car. Not even factory struts. Dealer quoted me $168 a peice for factory OZ struts. Help? I'd just like to see what kind of answers we can gather much like everyone else would like to know.