Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Interior light problems!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2011, 06:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior light problems!

Alright so i figured out my dome light.. the guy before me put an aftermarket sunroof in. so the domelight in the middle was moved to the front. and never hooked up. i found the wires and hooke it up and spliced white LED's into it for the foot wells.
Buuuuuuuut the dome light will only work when it's hooked to another ground. and wont work when its set on the "door open" mode.
The Leds on the other hand...are weird. when its on the door open more. the leds turn off when the door is open. and come on when i shut the door....do the wires need turned around? and why does the dome light get power, But the light wont come on unless i hook it up to another ground...?
Nate
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

I would like to know how to fix this too i heard it could be the ecu... mine doesn't work on door and it sucks at night. i took the headliner out and the wires touched and sparked before but all the fuses are fine so idk what to do
Old Feb 26, 2011, 04:30 AM

yeah i messed with it...it's pretty weird.. lights will now work with "on" but still not door...i got some white LED lights for under the dash. i might just run a hot wire to them. and another door switch thats just grounded.. so when i open the door those lights come on. so then i atleast can see when i get in.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

hey this might help bro im just gonna run my own door trigger wire and see if that works i will let u know
Old Mar 6, 2011, 10:57 PM
Evolved Member

took another look at the wiring for the dome light. The wires go from the dome light directly into the bottom on the fusebox so it must be messed up somewhere after that.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:26 PM

ever have any luck with this? Mine still isnt working. Thinking about doing the same thing with the door switches. did you ever do that?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually ended up finally fixing the same exact problem i had with mine , it ended up being the Estac Ecu under the dash .

I actually have a extra good condition one if anyone wants it .
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:35 PM

i wouldnt go threw the head ache of splicing i would just buy the roof harness for a evo that had a factory installed sunroof there cheap on ebay
Old Mar 20, 2011, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

nah i figured it would be a pain in the a** to wire all the switches to it. then i was just going to wire the driver one but then no other doors would do it so i didn't. I figured it was the ecu thing as that was the last resort in the FSM.

how much does that ecu cost? its not the whole engine and electronics ecu is it?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 08:34 AM

I would get a new wire if i could find one anywhere. i just found another domelight. But no wires. at a salvage yard they want a ton of moneyto take the wire out. like 100 bucks or more. just for the "labor". I tried to just get them to let me. i said it would take at the most 5 min. ..but whatever. if anyone knows there i can get that stuff let me know. I might want that ECU. how much you want for it?
Old Mar 23, 2011, 02:13 PM
Evolved Member

Well I actually have 2 of them , one is for no factory keyless entry and one is with it . I guess 22 shipped for one without and 30 for the one with it .
Old Mar 23, 2011, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

ok but what is this ecu thing. does it control the engine too or what? pics?
Old Mar 28, 2011, 06:22 AM

im uffnot going to swear to it...but i think it runs just lights and stuff.
Anyways i just hooked up underdash lights and it was easy. they only come on with my door open. but still they are nice. maybe ill post some pictures of it.
and a "how to" if you guys want to know.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

yeah i think its the ecu on the back of the fusebox. should be easy
Old Mar 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it controls most of the electronics in the car including Keyless entry . Very easy to swap it out also . Had this problem for about 2 years on my car until i figured out that it was that Ecu .

Quick Reply: Interior light problems!