Notices
Lancer How To Requests / Questions / Tips If you have any questions, post them in here.

Android Tablet/ MP3 player

Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Android Tablet/ MP3 player

Can I connect my tablet into the factory USB port that's located in the glove box. The same one that it's used for the Ipod? Will it play the music or is'nt compatible? Do I have to buy any adapter? Has someone tried this one before. If I stick a Pendrive with music to the USB port, will it play the music? Thank you for any help.
Old Dec 26, 2012, 05:11 PM

A USB thumb drive will work.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Jan 5, 2013, 07:51 AM

Do you know or have any idea wich is the maxximun GB that this radio supports?
Old Jan 5, 2013, 09:32 AM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Have you tried anything yet?

For some reason or another, my iPhone doesn't play music via USB; however, it works perfectly via Bluetooth.
Old Jan 6, 2013, 06:49 AM

I use a 16gb thumb with no issues. not sure the max size. As for the iPhone not working on USB, I think the DRM prevents the radio from reading the music. with Bluetooth, your just broadcasting from the iPhone, so the radio doesn't even see the DRM. Does that make sense??

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Jan 6, 2013, 12:27 PM

I had troubles with my USB flash drive as well, but just figured it out. The drive can't be formatted to NTFS, needs to be FAT32 (maybe others, but definitely that one). You can format the drive in Windows by right-clicking the drive then selecting Format (move everything off the drive first, it will wipe all contents). If it's the wrong format, it will simply not be detected.

I imagine most drives will work, and size apparently isn't a big consideration because mine is 32gb. In any case, this is the drive I have working, name taken from amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer 32 GB USB Flash Drive
Old Jan 6, 2013, 02:20 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DiggerW
I had troubles with my USB flash drive as well, but just figured it out. The drive can't be formatted to NTFS, needs to be FAT32 (maybe others, but definitely that one). You can format the drive in Windows by right-clicking the drive then selecting Format (move everything off the drive first, it will wipe all contents). If it's the wrong format, it will simply not be detected.

I imagine most drives will work, and size apparently isn't a big consideration because mine is 32gb. In any case, this is the drive I have working, name taken from amazon.com: SanDisk Cruzer 32 GB USB Flash Drive
I have the same one, so I will put some music on it and try in a bit. Haven't tried from a flash drive before.