Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How-To: VG Install..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2007, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How-To: VG Install..

heres another easy How-To on installing a Vortex Generator.. i personally used the Rexspeed version..

ok pop the trunk.. and start by removing the weather stripping.. be very careful not to bend it.. you only need to unclip it as far as where the VG will go.. remove any and all debris.. grab some paper towels and i used windex.. it degreases all surfaces pretty well.. and wipe/scrub the roof right where the VG goes.. then wipe down the inside of the VG as well.. allow about 5 minutes to ensure the surface is dry.. apply the antennae clip.. be advised it may rust.. rust proof paint is suggested.. apply the 3M tape in the same shape/pattern as recommended by Rexspeed himself.. rub the 3M tape down real well to ensure it is glued onto the VG.. at this point i removed all the extra film from the 3M tape.. i had my wife place the VG under the weather stripping on her side while maintaining it elevated so the tape wouldnt catch.. i had her align the VG with the backglass moulding and set it down.. once it was under both sides of the weather stripping and aligned on the backglass moulding your DONE.. continue to rub the VG down right where the 3M tape is placed..

Old Feb 7, 2007, 01:52 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Discuss this thread HERE.