Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How To: Amplifier and subs install

Old Jul 30, 2007, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To: Amplifier and subs install

Well i have installed my amplifier and subs in my 08 lancer
Since there is no wire harness or dash kit for this car yet i had to improvise

First thing i did was solder some rca cables to the rear speaker wires.
to locate the wires i had to take apart the rear door. Woulda been eaiser if they kept the speakers near the back glass like previous lancer models.

To make it easier for anybody who wishes to do the same type of install. you can locate the 2 wires for the speakers by taking out the Pilar between the driver and passenger door. To remove the pilar cover you will first need to remove the front and back trim in the floor.

The 2 wires you need to tap into are yellow and a turquoise. Notice there will be 2 yellow ones but the you will need to tap into the yellow wire of the higher gauge (the thinner one). These cables come in from the door with all the other wires wrapped in black tape.

I have 2 subs to i did this for both sides. therefor brigning a total fo 2 conectors into the trunk.

Next i wired my 4 gauge cable with 100 amp fuse to the positive of the battery. I routed it in the firewall where the main wire harness comes in.

Then i connected my REM wire into the fuse box under the dash. I used a Add a fuse adaptor (15$) and added it to the 30Amp radio fuse.

Routed all cables under the trim and under the back seat,had to remove the back seat to remove the last peice of trim. The back seat is a clip on so pulling it up firmly from each corner (one corner at a time) unclamped it.

Plugged everything in. I had to turn the gain on my amp down very much because the stock radio is not very loud.

Hopefully this will helpfull for others.

Sorry no pics of the process if u cant do it whitout seeing pictures dont do it at all.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 03:27 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Discuss this thread here.