Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How To: Amplifier Installation + Remove Radio.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2007, 10:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How To: Amplifier Installation + Remove Radio.

ok im new here, and i hope to get an answer here, though this may help others.

first, the radio removing thing:

Only for Lancer 2008, any model without navigation system:

now the crew

Mr. Flat Head, Mr Fillips and ms. Piece of cloth..

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/djnano09/IMG_1484.jpg[/IMG]

our objective is to remove the grey thing.... in order to get the radio dash out.... meet our objective...

now.... lets work.... use the piece of cloth with the flat head to gently pull up the grey thing starting on the drivers side ... like in the pic...

now it should look something like this...

now open your glove compartment and remove the screw that is inside to the right side of it.... and remove the plastic... I didnt... but to play safe...
you should.... and after you do so... you will meet this screw..

remove the grey thing and the radio dash now is our .... naked like this..

now pull the radio dash towards you with some force... like this...

after removing the dash... now you will see the radio and congrats... you concored your dash... it should look like this...

Credit Given To nanonyc

--------------------------

now how i personally added a amplifier:

Well i have installed my amplifier and subs in my 08 lancer
Since there is no wire harness or dash kit for this car yet i had to improvise

First thing i did was solder some rca cables to the rear speaker wires.
to locate the wires i had to take apart the rear door. Would a been easier if they kept the speakers near the back glass like previous lancer models.

To make it easier for anybody who wishes to do the same type of install. you can locate the 2 wires for the speakers by taking out the Pillar between the driver and passenger door. To remove the pillar cover you will first need to remove the front and back trim in the floor.

The 2 wires you need to tap into are yellow and a turquoise. Notice there will be 2 yellow ones but the you will need to tap into the yellow wire of the higher gauge (the thinner one). These cables come in from the door with all the other wires wrapped in black tape.

I have 2 subs to i did this for both sides. therefor bringing a total of 2 connectors into the trunk.

Next i wired my 4 gauge cable with 100 amp fuse to the positive of the battery. I routed it in the firewall where the main wire harness comes in.

Then i connected my REM wire into the fuse box under the dash. I used a Add a fuse adapter (15$) and added it to the 30Amp radio fuse.

Routed all cables under the trim and under the back seat,had to remove the back seat to remove the last piece of trim. The back seat is a clip on so pulling it up firmly from each corner (one corner at a time) unclamped it.

Plugged everything in. I had to turn the gain on my amp down very much because the stock radio is not very loud.

Hopefully this will helpful for others.

Sorry no pics of the process if u cant do it without seeing pictures don't do it at all.

Credit Given To Enkrypter_DJ

Proccess:

connect red cable to positive in the battery

send cable inside fender

open and find the cables in the middle pillar between doors (no need for door removal, its safier)

turquoise counts as black, and yellow counts as red like other speaker connection. brigher colors r always red.

and i removed radio, to connect REM behind it, to a yellow cable as the table below mentions. (there r 2 sockets, one with 3 cables (this is for the screen thing) and the other one with lots, u will see only 1 black cable, in that side (that is black) and find the yellow, that works or at least it did for me). dunno if its ok, the 30amp in the primary fuse box dunno how it works the fuse adapter thing =\ but i get a PLOP when i close and open doors, i supposed its not right. as ppl say, connect it to the radio 30amp large but not square green fuse, in the primary fuse box beneath the capot.

after the work, looks like nothing happened:

and here is a video, dunno if its my cam that sounds weird but it sounds great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu5MpmVkp4s

Credit Given To Lito

-----------------------------------

ok i got a table i made in Illustrator, hope this makes my explanation more clear.

this is my present installation:

and the future one:

Comments? Discuss this thread here.

Last edited by Blacksheepdj; Sep 24, 2007 at 11:46 AM.