Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How to: Install OEM Evolution X RECARO seats

Old Feb 16, 2010, 01:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Guys I have a question about this I was thinking of putting honda DC5 seats like these here http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k2...dRecaro012.jpg on a EVO 7 2001. Does any one here knows whether the rails from the EVO7 recaro will fit straight on to DC5 seats? Thanks
Old Jan 27, 2012, 08:57 AM

Recaro Seats

Would I have the airbag issue if the only seat I want to change out is the driver seat? I am considering only replacing the drivers seat with the Recaro out of an Evo.
Old Feb 2, 2012, 08:04 PM

Hey quick question. How much lighter are the Recaro seats from the stock gts ones?
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by lancerarmstrong
anyone selling their recaros? i'm looking at buying some right now
ditto.

also, are all generations interchangable; ie, lancer seats fit evos, and other gen evos fit other gens and any combo. if not, will the stock brackets from my 02' lancer be able to bolt to the evo viii recaro or other gen's seats. my drivers seat is ripped and the metal is digging into my shoulder. it is sooo bad. musta been a fatty driving in the car before me.
Old May 26, 2012, 05:03 AM

So why disconnect just the negative and not both - & + from the battery????
Old May 27, 2012, 10:53 AM

You disconnect the negative terminal as a safety measure. This way you can't short anything out !
Old Jun 24, 2012, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Sub'd for use tomorrow!
Old Jun 24, 2012, 09:13 PM
Evolved Member

Actually just used it now lol. Took me less than an hour. Good write up and thanks!
Old May 8, 2013, 07:03 PM

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but thank you for the guide.

I successfully installed my Recaros this past weekend and I am a total mechanical noob.

I figure I'll contribute some tips from my experience.

tip 1 - If you are unconfident about your mechanical skills, start working with the passenger seat first. That way if you screw up, you can still drive for help.

tip 2 - Socket wrenches are a must. At first I tried to get away with using a regular wrench to remove the 14mms but I end up getting stuck on the back left bolt of the passenger seat. As a result of the way the metal bits rise up around the bolt, a regular wrench will not be able to grip it. I end up having to drive to Home Depot to pick up a socket wrench set (see tip 1).

tip 3 - Remove the 17mm bolt holding the seatbelt to the passenger seat first before removing the 14mm bolts that are holding down the seat. It will make the removal of the 17mm bolt easier. (The person I bought the seats from got so frustrated with the 17mm that he opted to cut the seatbelt.)

tip 4 (applicable to Sportbacks) - If you are scrawny like me and have a hard time moving the seats in and out through the front car doors, fold the back of the seat as forward as possible and move the seats through the hatch in the back.
Old May 22, 2013, 06:12 PM

I finally got the SRS light reset. After hearing some horror stories regarding dealerships and the SRS light reset problems I decided to ask around. Chad of CBRD introduced me to York Mitsubishi (York, Penn) who knew exactly what I am talking about and took care of it in half an hour for $48.76.

What it said on the invoice is this:

RESET SRS LIGHT
PROGRAMMED WEIGHT SENSORS AND RESET SRS LIGHT
Old Jun 1, 2013, 01:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought the write up was good, but missed on a very important part: there's a sensor on the driver seat that needs to be swapped out. When I installed the recarros in my es, the seats I bought didn't have any sensors. Before you swap out seats, make sure all sensors on the recarros are removed, then swap in your original sensors. The original sensors includes the one on the right side of the driver seat. I think it's a seat position sensor, possibly for the srs system.

The passenger seat is exactly as posted.

For those looking to figure out how to get the sensor off, raise your original seat all the way to expose the screw. I think there is another screw that's easy to get off located on the bottom of the seat. The sensor will then slide off with it's black cover. The sensor will slide in on the same side and roughly the same location on the recarro seat. I haven't figured out how to get to the mounting side mounting screw for the sensor.

Using everything original from my car, I didn't have any problems with srs codes. As far as the car is concerned, I am still using the original es seats.

If I had known practically everything I want to do to the car requires taking the car to the dealer for etacs programming, I would have ran miles away from the car instead buying it. This reprogramming crap is nothing more than a money grab by Mitsubishi. Sure as heck doesn't deter from theft.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:05 AM

Been looking for this.. thanks!
Old Oct 22, 2013, 06:47 PM

Nice guide, thanks!