Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: Install ebay fog lights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
now that is a long process, thank you so much for the pics, and on a side note, you shouldve opted for the oem turn signal stalk thing. thats how they came on my RA. but nonetheless, perfect DIY if there was one. good job!
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nsxiphos
i know this is from a while ago, but does anyone know if you can get a replacement relay?
i hosed down my engine bay yesterday and too much water got into the fuse and relay. the fog lights worked this morning when i dropped my fiance off at work and as i was driving to work i noticed they stopped working. the relay didnt click on and theres corrosion and rust all over the terminals.
did you ever find out were to get a replacement? Mine is bad.. :/
Old Feb 27, 2013, 07:07 PM

Also, anyone here know if there is a way to hook up these aftermarket fogs with the oem switch on the steering column??
The following users liked this post:
Brandonalex42 (Aug 19, 2020)
Old Feb 27, 2013, 08:59 PM

No i don't think they did, I haven't even gotten to install them on the bumper yet because I haven't figured out how, I have an aftermarket and now have to get creative. But when I wired everything up, the only problem was that the relay was stopping the power, I opened up that box, connected the metal inside by touching them and it worked.. weird..
Old Mar 22, 2013, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great write up. Just finished installing my fog lights to my 2012 SE. Thanks a bunch!
Old May 27, 2013, 09:07 AM

I want to replace stock fog bulbs with 3000k HID's and add ballasts for my fog lights. I was wondering if the option 2 still gonna work. Any help or advice will be appreciated! Thank you
Old Jun 1, 2013, 02:31 AM

just wanna ask if any of u blew up the fuse from the relay?coz mine did last nyt. i was wondering if any of u guys had any luck of a replacemnt relay or switch?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 10:55 AM

Wink Finally installed my fog lights a year later

Finally installed my fog lights a year later. I'm very picky about wiring and the original installation here was a little messy for me. Also, instead of using a firewal and drilling a hole, I actually used a side door grommet/plug. Very clean installation and cable came in right by the fuse box. I just want to say thank for writing this tutorial in great details! Cheers

Name:  IMG_0369.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  104.7 KB

Name:  IMG_0370.jpg
Size:  76.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0371.jpg
Size:  107.2 KB

Name:  IMG_0367.jpg
Size:  90.9 KB

http://i942.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/IMG_0366.jpg

Name:  IMG_0368.jpg
Size:  121.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0366.jpg
Size:  74.0 KB

Last edited by kalmychkov; Jun 22, 2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: adding pictures
Old Sep 3, 2013, 04:55 PM

problem

so i installed these fogs in january. they are perfect look great and everything. then recently they wouldnt turn on so i open the hood and checked the wires and saw that one of the wires that i believe is the relay. (the one that does not have the fuse inside) completly melted and has two prongs on it. it has melted plastic on it and does not work. so my fogs wont turn on.. any suggestions how to fix this?
Old Sep 6, 2013, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by sshastri01
so i installed these fogs in january. they are perfect look great and everything. then recently they wouldnt turn on so i open the hood and checked the wires and saw that one of the wires that i believe is the relay. (the one that does not have the fuse inside) completly melted and has two prongs on it. it has melted plastic on it and does not work. so my fogs wont turn on.. any suggestions how to fix this?
Looks like water got in into your bulb connectors. You will need a new relay (possibly the whole harness). Check your connections, make sure it's watertight
Old Sep 8, 2013, 03:29 PM

that makes sense, i dont think there is a way to install a new one only way is to replace the whole harness :\. but thanks for the information.. appreciate it!
Old Oct 24, 2013, 03:19 PM

Ok, I followed this to the T. My foglights wont turn off with the switch. I have to disconnect the switch in order to get them to turn off when the car has ACC or is turned on. How can I fix this?
Old Oct 25, 2013, 09:12 AM
Mex

Originally Posted by hollywood91
Ok, I followed this to the T. My foglights wont turn off with the switch. I have to disconnect the switch in order to get them to turn off when the car has ACC or is turned on. How can I fix this?
Mine do the same... I just deal with it, they turn off when the car turns off. or do yours stay on even after the car turns off? I think it's a faulty switch... Mine was pretty damn flimsy.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 11:16 AM

where can i buy just the harness for these fogs? i need to replace my harness.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 11:06 AM

Cool

Originally Posted by sshastri01
where can i buy just the harness for these fogs? i need to replace my harness.
I didn't see anybody selling separate wiring kit just for fog lights without buying the whole package. Just buy the whole thing, maybe in diff color, so u have a backup and can switch your diff. color glass on the fly. they are pretty cheap these days, about $55 on fleabay

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Install ebay fog lights