Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

HOW TO: Install ebay fog lights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2014, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks 4 the instrutions man i install mine with no problems at all
Old May 3, 2015, 12:02 PM

Hey guys!

Great tutorial MasterAK, I ordered a set of fog lights from Ebay and started this, but I soon found out that my wiring is a bit different.

The fog lights only have power and ground cables. the relay, fuse and signal wires are in the switch harness, pictured here:

HOW TO: Install ebay fog lights-ru8pnne.jpg

The red wire with the white plug goes connected to the fog lights. So I assume it is the power line.

I have a white wire coming out of the fuse, and also a green wire, they both have a red housing to splice against other wires. I'm unsure where both these wires go to.

Can anyone help shed some light? Thank you!
Old May 4, 2015, 06:29 AM

My first set of fogs I ordered on Amazon came with a weird harness like yours. Harness was weird looking and required some work to make it work (power cable location was weird and it was short). I would send those back and purchase a different set with a normal connectors.
Old May 7, 2015, 08:20 AM

I decided to experiment and was able to get them working.

Green cable = LED lighting for the switch
White cable = Power

The lights would not turn on if both weren't connected to the power line, so I used a vampire splitter to have them both connected, and put them into the fusebox. Lights work great
Old Jan 7, 2016, 01:46 AM

Fuse Boxes

After doing this step by step, quick recommendation. Don't use the iginition fuse as written. You will have power to the headlamps at all times even without key in ignition because the ignition fuse is always hot. Use the power mirror fuse (the 10A one shown in the picture actually) that will only get power when key is in position 1 or 2
Old Jan 25, 2016, 09:11 AM

Hi, I'm new here, I bought a fog lights kit and then I found this post which is excellent by the way I'm looking for a way to wire this kit to turn on dash indicator as OEM fog lights do, actually I couldn't find it and I want to know if any of you could help me with that?
Old Jan 26, 2016, 09:02 AM

No indicator 4 you:)

Originally Posted by ajbasket
Hi, I'm new here, I bought a fog lights kit and then I found this post which is excellent by the way I'm looking for a way to wire this kit to turn on dash indicator as OEM fog lights do, actually I couldn't find it and I want to know if any of you could help me with that?
I doubt aftermarket fogs will work with dashboard indicator light just because it's installed in not factory fashion I also noticed that newer Lancers come with fog light switch right on your steering wheel and my 2009 model has a button
Old Jan 26, 2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by kalmychkov
I doubt aftermarket fogs will work with dashboard indicator light just because it's installed in not factory fashion I also noticed that newer Lancers come with fog light switch right on your steering wheel and my 2009 model has a button
Oh I see, thanks for your reply actually you're right, newer "ES" models have OEM fog lights but mine same as yours doesn't have any fog light installation that's why I decided to install it manually. However I think there could be a way to attach the signal from the switch to the indicator, may be there is a relay which has that function but is disconnected.

I'm looking for a way to synchronize the indicator because the switch light is always on, but if I wont find the way, it'll be easier to modify the switch light by the way if I find the way I'll post it here

Last edited by ajbasket; Jan 26, 2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2016, 05:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Indeed Great tutorial MasterAK, if I could make one recommendation, For Step 11 on page 1, instead of jamming a fuse over the wire which could cause shorts or sparks, use a Add-A-Circuit Mini Fuse tap, I got mine off eBay for $5.99 with fuses and it works like a charm with a piece of mind.

Lumision 16AWG Car Add-A-Circuit ATM APM Mini Fuse Tap Fusetap + Fuse Set
The following users liked this post:
Brandonalex42 (Aug 19, 2020)
Old Mar 10, 2016, 01:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This thread just saved me a bunch of money. Thanks everyone
Old Apr 23, 2016, 08:20 AM

Thanks a bunch, was wondering if I should by a set of fog lamps from ebay, well they are on there way... lol
Old Apr 27, 2016, 04:39 PM

Awesome guide! I just did the install myself on my 09 DE and i could't of done it without you.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 01:29 PM

Existing Wires + Fog light button dummy

Can anyone help me out, because my lancer has already existing Wires for the fog lights at the dashboard, but it was connected to a dummy button. In the front there were no cables installed. How can I connect it to the fog light kit button, because it's an bigger connector and I don't know where the cables go and where to find them in the front? Please help. THX
Old Aug 19, 2020, 10:45 AM

2016 es eBay DLAA DRL and fog light kit install help

Hey folks! I bought a DLAA brand DRL and fog light kit from eBay for my 2016 es lancer and was wondering if anyone knows how to wire this kit. Any help is much appreciated. I know nothing about wiring or tapping into wires. Are the instructions listed above the same as it would be for my 2016 es lancer?