Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

How to plasti dip front without removing it

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2011, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How to plasti dip front without removing it

Things you need:
-Masking Tape
-Plasti Dip
-Time
-Sharp knife

To Prepare your journey, allow at least a day of not driving so that your paint can dry properly.

Now lets get started.
1: Mask the surrounding where you dont want your paint to touch. My advice is, tape up as much area as possible because sometimes a gush of wind might blow those little bits of paint on your hood or on the side of your bumper. therefore, to avoid future hassle, tape that front bumper up.

2. Start spraying, Dont focus at one point, move that can around 4-7 inches away from the bumper. Wait for it to dry completely for the next 2-3 more layers. People say you should wait 4 hours in between for it to dry, but i was in a hurry so i drove my car around and it dried up pretty nice and quick so i can do more layers faster.

3. Now its time to peel of your masking tape. WARNING!!! Plasti dip creates this layer of plastic so it can come off easily when not needed. This is good but bad at the same time. I had trouble peeling of my masking tape as the plasti dip would come off as well. This is when i use the sharp knife. What i would do is peel of the masking tape and when the plasti dip comes off, i would use my knife to cut the plasti dip. Make sure to allow your self a lot of time to do this as you dont want to scratch your car with the knife. Just be very patient and careful and if you are not sure if you should do it or hesitant, DONT DO IT!

If your want pictures or more description, feel free to ask. I type this out just to help those people our there who are thinking about doing it, however, if im not clear on parts and you would like to know more about how i did it, feel free to ask.

THANKS FOR READING AND GOOD LUCK!