Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

Has it been done?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2016, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has it been done?

Hey guys, new to the forum so let me introduce myself. My name is Robert and i am brand new to the Lancer scene. I am picking up a 2003 lancer from my brother that runs and drives perfectly, only needs a fender and a headlight assembly (salvage title though) for a 99 civic shell and a motor. WELL worth the trade, anyways, I want to make this thing rear wheel drive (mind you that this is simply a play toy). Ive read about the rear ends that I could use but i really dont want to put the money into those parts when i could buy something else with the same cash i would be spending. The question now is has anyone seen someone move the motor to the rear of an 03 lancer. Im not to worried on what I would have to do to the vehicle like I said it a salvaged play toy. Can someone either lead me in the right direction or talk me out of it and tell me what I should do to have fun with this. I am open to any ideas, I have no time constraints since I have a dd and im not to worried about price unless we get into money that I can simply buy a better play toy. Mind you this build is more to see if I can do it. (Plus I work in a garage and have access to any and everything I would need IE. machine shops, aftermarket parts, ect.)
Old Apr 15, 2016, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
not another one of these threads..... please use search and yes its been done before

otherwords its gonna cost you more than a arm and a leg....
Old Apr 15, 2016, 04:26 AM

Fair enough, I am unsure of what I really want to do with it at this point, RWD conversion is one of the top ideas however I am open to suggestions. I do want to use this vehicle though. Best bang for my buck kind of deal. Anyone have ideas, I know there are many different setups out their I simply want opinions for the moment. I also did use the search, nothing on google popped up, however I may be wording my search wrong, if anyone has a link or if they wouldn't mind giving me good search words would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
not another one of these threads..... please use search and yes its been done before

otherwords its gonna cost you more than a arm and a leg....
ohh and its nice to know that these forums are full of such helpful people, first lancer build and I get such a great response. Im so glad that the people within this forum are so welcoming, i always wondered why people in these forums had superb names with such a long list of extensive knowledge.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 01:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
not trying to hate but haveing a intro post in newbee section [ https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...faqs-forum-61/ ] could help instead of registering and spewing all this will save you trouble from others.. 2nd look in lancer subforums and see what others have done, not that hard really....

i hope you know what your in for from what you are asking to do with your car cause i have seen others that talked same as you but never walked the walk....
just a fair warning.....

i personally know of 1 guy who did exactly what you did ( i have seen it in person ) and he went all in with his 02 lancer. 4g63t awd etc, and yes it runs....
The following users liked this post:
RMaste (Apr 16, 2016)
Old Apr 16, 2016, 04:26 AM

I understand, I don't want to be one of those people. I just wanted directions, opinions, there is a dsm graveyard in Elizabeth town where I can get parts and my shop will let me charge whatever I want to my account. but ill figure it out, ima probably stop using the forums anyways, I never used the Honda forums either just built them so I guess thats what ill do with this one to. thanks man.
Old Apr 16, 2016, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
not trying to hate but haveing a intro post in newbee section [ https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...faqs-forum-61/ ] could help instead of registering and spewing all this will save you trouble from others.. 2nd look in lancer subforums and see what others have done, not that hard really....

i hope you know what your in for from what you are asking to do with your car cause i have seen others that talked same as you but never walked the walk....
just a fair warning.....

i personally know of 1 guy who did exactly what you did ( i have seen it in person ) and he went all in with his 02 lancer. 4g63t awd etc, and yes it runs....
He's actually asking about moving the engine to the rear which is kind of retarded...