Notices
Lancer How Tos / Installations Post or link to your detailed how to / installation articles in here. If you have any questions regarding the how tos, feel free to post them in in the Request sub-forum.

4g94 rebuild

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2017, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4g94 rebuild

Hey guys, I have recently rebuilt my 4g94 engine after the timing belt obliterated and caused 10 valves and 3 guides to break resulting in me purchasing a new cylinder head. I have done everything right according to the book as far as torque specs and wiring placement. When I tried to turn the engine over, i got a code corresponding to the camshaft positioning sensor. After i replaced that and made sure that each cylinder was getting enough gas from the injectors, i checked the coil packs to see if i was getting spark. Both coils work, however, the coil powering plugs 2 and 3 isn't getting power. I checked the connector wiring harness with a volt meter and I wasn't getting power. I traced the wire back to see if i missed any grounds or any connections that would effect the voltage from getting to the coil wire and I didn't see anything out of the ordinary. Not sure what to do at this point. I miss my baby!