Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

4G93 intake manifold installed

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweet. always interesting to see people expanding the horizons of our car. I'm damn suprised that engineerboy hasnt posted in here yet .. wont be long thou :P
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:20 AM
Account Disabled

that is a definite difference. definitly good power for the $
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rhyzin
airquez: are you talking about a 4g92 mivec?

if i could get on a real dyno, that would make for some solid numbers to compare. unfortunately, there isn't one around here at all. maybe if SCLC held a dyno day, that would probably be my only outlet.

comparing would also be pretty difficult because of mods. looking at the dyno thread, i was only 1hp below boe when he was NA and he had a lot more stout mods than me when comparing my old dyno.

to find people with the same mods before getting an intake manifold is gonna be tough.

if there's people in the central coast or who goes to SCLC meets, i'd give em a pda dyno run so we'd have more variety in mods to compare apples to apples and sorta pick out which mods give what kind of improvement.
sclc tried to hold a dyno day last year...it didnt work out
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

*cough ahem
thanks mr96gsx408 with the install help

np kris...
your friendly neighborhood dsm'er.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

^lol....
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:28 AM
EvoM Guru

lol. yes, thanks to my tool gimp mr96gsx408
Old Feb 28, 2005, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Rhyzin: I am sorry, I was talking abotu the 4G92 MIVEC yes... still have to get around to realizing in the back of my mind that the 4G69 is now the MIVEC of choice.

Nonetheless, hurry up and get dynoed :P
Old Mar 1, 2005, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Ask and ye shall receve Install looks really good Kris, and the auterra showing gains is good news too. I don't doubt the gains if you're in one of those magically perfect auterra dyno run areas every time PDA dyno WAS giving me as much as 135.... then I found a place that really meets all the criteria and was getting numbers like 109 and was like WTF?!? Of course, I got to use a real dyno less than a week later and got that 111WHP number, so I figure the auterra's close- at least it's enough to do these comparisons with.

And the only issues were: need to fab/MacGuyver a throttle cable plate and 2 of the TB bolts for a g94 are too long (sounds easy enough to rectify with a trip to the homedepot)?

Good work!
Old Mar 1, 2005, 12:23 PM
EvoM Guru

hey kris! it was weird. i dyno'd on the pda in 2nd gear and was getting 111-120hp. then when i did 3rd gear i get 134-141hp. that discrepency gives me doubt about accuracy and no way i'm gonna try 4th gear pulls around here. i figure it would make the numbers go even higher and would seem more out of whack.

grab youself an IM so we can compare numbers

new motor mounts are definately needed by now. not only do i feel the car rocking back and forth during shifting(attributed to my blown shocks as well), but i can also tell the engine is rocking back and forth A LOT. you can hear it in the revs as the sound oscillates as you start the next gear. i'm also getting clutch slip as i engage the next gear. 100k miles on this clutch. looks like i need to get a new one soon too.

i don't see how a 60mm throttlebody can be a good match up to a stock manifold. the neck of the stock manifold has a diameter of 62mm on the outside. unless you can bore it out so there's a 1mm thick wall, i only see the g94 becoming a slight restriction. honestly, it looks as if the runners inner diameter (ported) on the g94 are much larger than the g93. it's only problem is the plenum design and the skinny neck it has. if the g93 manifold had the same inner diameter of the g94, it would be much more badass...

anybody wanna buy a ported g94 IM to help me upgrade more stuff?
Old Mar 1, 2005, 03:02 PM
Evolved Member

Great work! I guessed you verified what RPW had done in your experiment. I always love verification of R&D work.

Your PDA dyno is giving you flywheel HP. Calculate for the 15% discrepancy.

Which TB are you working with? 92-94 DSM TB is the option to go, but no one has ever verified the TB off the Evo 8 (IMO, this is the best option since the vac hose would face the right way, unless Mitsu changed the TB cable facing the firewall like the 4g64 in the 3g eclipse).

I'll get DIM to look at this thread.

Note: 5g mirage from 97-02. From 97-99, G93 were in top line mirages in coupe or sedan. In 00, all sedans were 1.8 liter with cali spec tuning. The 4g mirage faces the way of DSM.

Last edited by bahamut; Mar 1, 2005 at 03:14 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 04:58 PM
EvoM Guru

thanks bahamut! right now, i have the stock throttlebody on. i measured it with a caliper and it is 55mm for sure at the butterfly. for some reason, cruise control isn't working. but thats not really a concern. i'm sure i just don't have something hooked up right.

thanks for confirming the 5th gen mirage years, too. i wouldn't want people getting the 4g manifold.

an evo tb would have been great, but i doubt they'd be as cheap who wouldn't want one?
Old Mar 1, 2005, 05:04 PM
Evolved Member

As for the cruise control, Mitsu did change the cruise control housing. The lancer has a top hat thing while the mirage has a flat thing that can pass off as a car horn device. I don't know the voltage/Ohm or whatever is different between the two.

I don't know if the Evo's TB costed the same as the DSM or not . . . also, good chance that the sensors like ISC and TPS would be the same voltage as the mirage/lancer. You might want to prowl your guys "for sale" stuff.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

it's great that this mod has finaly been done and verified to work. Now to start my shopping list...
Old Mar 1, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Bahamut, I might look into the Evo 8 TB mod, if I can find one. I dont know if they are the same 60mm but we will find out.
Old Mar 1, 2005, 09:00 PM
Evolved Member

find a wrecked one and buy it... shouldnt be too hard... i see the parting out threads all the time.

Quick Reply: 4G93 intake manifold installed