Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i love my lancer but i'd have no problem ripping around town in a 97 mirage turbo
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

You mean mirage people doing body kits or the fully burning wallet conversion for the real deal. Miragers have been hacking at it since 94 for the 4g'er while the 5g'ers since 97. The 3g miragers go to 4g61T.com . . . we don't encroach their territory out of respect and lack of knowledge, despite DSM'ers amongst our midst.

Are you saying normally-aspirated AWD? I don't think any miragers are crazy enough to attempt that. I want to see a RWD Mirage . . . it only take 140's crank horsies to really burn rubber . . . hell, I did it on my weary 89 240sx . . . unfortuantely, there isn't a G93 seated for RWD driveshaft. pooo-poo.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 06:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bahamut
You mean mirage people doing body kits or the fully burning wallet conversion for the real deal. Miragers have been hacking at it since 94 for the 4g'er while the 5g'ers since 97. The 3g miragers go to 4g61T.com . . . we don't encroach their territory out of respect and lack of knowledge, despite DSM'ers amongst our midst.

Are you saying normally-aspirated AWD? I don't think any miragers are crazy enough to attempt that. I want to see a RWD Mirage . . . it only take 140's crank horsies to really burn rubber . . . hell, I did it on my weary 89 240sx . . . unfortuantely, there isn't a G93 seated for RWD driveshaft. pooo-poo.
Its ALL about the DSMs the 4G63 is the best motor ever, I'm a fanboy of course =P

the 420A can goto hell >=P N/A DSMs rot in hell
Old Aug 7, 2006, 07:17 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I feel dumber for having read this thread.

The reason: personal preference. Engine, looks, whatever. It all boils down to individual taste.

Originally Posted by joberk3
i mean dont get me wrong, theres tons of ppl who make their lancers have a 4g or awd capability but eh.
What?? Did something huge transpire while I've been in OT, or have people just gotten more expendable income and less brains? How to build a costly, potentially problematic car. I could teach a course. The 4g63 swap and AWD drivetrain "swap" (read: fabrication) would be the 101 level. 201 would be a step by step rebuilding of my car to this point.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 07:25 PM
Evolving Member

some guy with a mirage in NZ did a 4g63 swap with evo rear end. it was in the super street mag a couple of months ago. check it out hobie.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 06:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

NZ is a whole different story. It's still a labor and money intensive procedure, but less so when the parts are available at low prices domesticically. That's certainly not the case in the US. Honestly, the engine swap shouldn't be altogether that difficult if you're knowledgable to do it yourself, but a drivetrain swap is no cakewalk no matter how skilled you are. That's a big undertaking. Still though, you're left with a custom built car and dozens, if not hundreds of potential problems.

It's never been a question of whether or not 4g63 or AWD drivetrain swaps could be done. Where there's will, skill and money, just about anything can be built. But as a matter of practicality it's totally ridiculous.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Ur talking about that white car in the super street... i read that article. There was alot of work put into that little 4 banger.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:33 AM
Evolving Member

yeah if i can find exactly what mag, ill scan it and get pics.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

it's the July August issue of Super Street.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

waaaaiiiit a minute. Mitsubish Mirage, Mitsubish Lancer, Mitsubish Lancer Evo, Mitsubishi Eclipse, what the fu(k does it matter, we're all one company, competing for horsepower in most cases, do all the civics hate accords like you all hate mirages, or eclipses? i always see 10 honda civics cruisin w/ 10 accords, whats the problem w/ mitsu ppl
Old Aug 8, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

lol...

Good point Lunchbox.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

mitsu people are teh ghey.
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

We're stubborn, stickers and decals dont bring us togather like the Honda guys, its all about performance =P
Old Aug 8, 2006, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

yeah but its like that with just about all the other car comps, chevy trucks, mopar, honda, mazda, rotaries, yotas, vee dubs, why are we such a$$holes
Old Aug 8, 2006, 11:02 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
true that, i respect other mitsu owners actually. they are good cars.
along with subaru, audi, bmw, etc.

civic's n such cars i can see givin them a hard time though, just because they have such a ricer reputation.

Quick Reply: Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?