Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2006, 04:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?

i really dont get why there are tons of people who think the mirage is better than the lancer. thats like people saying oh...the mirage is so much better than the lancer. the lancer WILL NEVER be anything like the Mirage WAS. ugh i just hate ignorant people sometimes. and if you think just because u can put an evo motor into it technically makes it better but stock mirage vs stock lancer? we all know who'd win that. ugh! just some people.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joberk3
i really dont get why there are tons of people who think the mirage is better than the lancer. thats like people saying oh...the mirage is so much better than the lancer. the lancer WILL NEVER be anything like the Mirage WAS. ugh i just hate ignorant people sometimes. and if you think just because u can put an evo motor into it technically makes it better but stock mirage vs stock lancer? we all know who'd win that. ugh! just some people.
I like the 2-door hatch version of the mirage, wish the Lancer had that.

I'd take the Lancer over a Mirage anyday though, the Lancer is also a bit bigger- Better looking imo. Small 4 doors are ugly. Bah 4-doors are ugly anyhow, the Lancer is the only 4-door I like- Along with the SRT-4 simply cause that thing freakin rips.

Basicly the same damn car, just different engine options.

But if I wasent a broke *** kid in college I'd have me an Eclipse or Evo

Still wish they had the 4G63 in the Eclipse.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

i havent heared anyone say that yet. I would agree that exterior wise mirage was better looking compared to the current 04-06 models. However, interior on the lancers is way better than the mirages.

Mirages also had some engine problems but not the lancers......so yeah i would say lancer is still a better.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I think part of the appeal of a mirage is its ability to sustain more boost without problems. The lancer engine is basically a mirage engine bored out, which weakens it. In stock or mildly modded trim though, the lancer is definitely superior, at least raw numbers wise. Looks wise, I think its 6 of one and a half dozen of another.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 08:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
I think part of the appeal of a mirage is its ability to sustain more boost without problems. The lancer engine is basically a mirage engine bored out, which weakens it. In stock or mildly modded trim though, the lancer is definitely superior, at least raw numbers wise. Looks wise, I think its 6 of one and a half dozen of another.
+1

Looks the Lancer has it. Motor wise i wouldnt mind the 4G93.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 10:13 AM
Account Disabled

i think mirage is better cuz it still looks like a mitsubishi. lol. lancers are starting to look like bigger neons.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:00 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the new lancers 04+ are looking like every other sedan out there, the 02-03 lancer is nicer than the mirage or any other car in its class.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Says who??? By whom?

exterior: A mirage LS coupe looks better, because Mitsu has closely copied the smooth curves of the 2g ago Civics. We know Honda sold tons of those civics. As for the mirage sedan, it's conservative and bland.

interior: Despite loving the interior of my late LS coupe, it does not compare to the better material in the lancer to RA to Evo w/ Recaros.

Performance:
A G15 will never beat a Lancer, except for a very few manual G15 drivers can make Lancer drivers work for every square yard.

A Lancer w/ auto will beat a G93 Sedan either manual or auto because of the greater TQ off the line.

A lancer w/ auto will edge out a LS coupe w/ auto. Both motor should be huffing for breath at 5.2K rpm.

A lancer w/ auto will lose to a LS coupe w/ manual. As for both manual, it should be a wash, but the G93 manual should edge out.

Specs:
A 5g G93 coupe w/ auto is 2332 lbs from my DOT registration (DOT has no agenda to lie).

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/sp...ivic&trimid=-1

It's still lighter than the 2g ago Civic HB CX (base model at 2359) w/ manual. The famed EX model floats near the regular Lancer and base model Sentras.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 04:58 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't know who "all these people" are. I think they're both great cars. I'd be happy having either.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MrEvilEvo
i think mirage is better cuz it still looks like a mitsubishi. lol. lancers are starting to look like bigger neons.
A Lancer resembles nothing on a Neon. I see nothin to even think "neon" from the NON rounded lights in the front, to te square *** end compared to the rounder behind of a Neon.

If anything, it looks like a newer Corolla
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:19 PM
Evolved Member

I can see some bastion of 5g G93 owners having a chip on their shoulder. "We" have been fighting Civics EX's for the longest of time and getting our ego all mashed up most of the time. When the new lancer came into the market, "our" hopes fell on the possibility of a lancer coupe. That never materialized . . . even more mind numbing, Mitsu ran away from the Civic while waving the white flag. No way, "we" are going to hitch our flag to the heavy 3g eclipse, which not even remotely a compact car.

A Colt HB is nice, but I'm afraid it's not going to mert federal crash standards. Too many big SUV's to mash up those cars.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:24 PM
Evolved Member

ok, i drove a mirage this weekend with less mods than my lancer, and i am ready to drive my lancer off a cliff and get a mirage

handles way better with same suspension mods. "feels" smaller and lighter. it was much more fun to drive than the lancer. after driving it, the lancer feels like it was designed for old people and the mirage was made to mod.

of course the lancer is going to have nicer interior because its newer, thats how things go. i love my lancer, but i am strongly considering a mirage in my near future.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

the reason i said alot of people are because ive read about more mirage people wanting to do conversions to make it seem like an evo and such. i mean dont get me wrong, theres tons of ppl who make their lancers have a 4g or awd capability but eh. idk maybe im just making a big thing out of something little.

Last edited by joberk3; Aug 7, 2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

cliff notes:

question : Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?

answer : because it is!
Old Aug 7, 2006, 05:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by joberk3
the reason i said alot of people are because ive read about more mirage people wanting to do conversions to make it seem like an evo and such. i mean dont get me wrong, theres tons of ppl who make their lancers have a 4g or awd capability but eh.

I like the look of the 04+ Lancers. My only grip with the 06 I have is the grill, I like the 04/05 ones better, the chrome one on my 06 is ugly. Gonna get a RA or OZ grill soon.

I dident get my Lancer to mod, I got it for a daily commuter while I'm in College. I was sick of pushing my VW into the shop atleast once a week to work on it. Got a new car so I dident have to work on my own, warrenty FTW.

If I was going to mod a car anyhow, I wouldent start off with an N/A Boost is so much more fun =)

Overall, IMO Lancer > Mirage, although I'd kill for a coupe/3-door Lancer.

Bet the handeling of a Lancer could be just as good if not better then a Mirage with Mods, the Mirage looks like it sits lower stock anyhow, and its just an overall smaller car.

Quick Reply: Why do so many ppl think the mirage is better than the lancer?