Notices
Lancer-Mirage Compatibility Forum For parts that can be used on both Lancer & Mirage models, post/look in here.

4g92 doch mivec head in a 4g94

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4g92 doch mivec head in a 4g94

Ok I have a 2002 lancer es Im new in this of heads swap and I would apreciate if anyone could tell me what mirage head to look for I mean year, model and all of that I really need some help
Old Feb 26, 2011, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

I know a guy who had swapped in a DOHC Evo 8 head into his ES. From what he said it was a lancer "GSR" which was the evo in japan and he said it bolted up just fine but he had to use a supra timing belt or something to that effect
Old Feb 26, 2011, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by soulesswarrior
I know a guy who had swapped in a DOHC Evo 8 head into his ES. From what he said it was a lancer "GSR" which was the evo in japan and he said it bolted up just fine but he had to use a supra timing belt or something to that effect
That would be great if I could swap an evo's head... But I guess it may be a lot more expensive than a mirage's head and I'm short in money... Thanks for the info really apreciate it!
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by historyjhonson
That would be great if I could swap an evo's head... But I guess it may be a lot more expensive than a mirage's head and I'm short in money... Thanks for the info really apreciate it!
the g63 will not work with the g94 . they are 2 totaly diff platforms.

the only dohc head that will swap over onto the 4g93/94 block is from 4g92mivec or 4g93 dohc head mirage that were sold overseas, those configurations were never avaliable to the us market....

4g63/64 are more alike and thats why you see peoples evo's on here with 4g64 block with the dohc head from an 8/9. The only lancer thans known to run a 4g63 period from factory are n/a ones that were sold in mexico and some euro markets according to wikipedia

thats all the information i have about this... im pretty sure im positive on this but could be wrong for the total cost of the dohc headswap for the g94 will be around 2-3g's for 4g92/4g93 dohc head swap...

this isnt a honda kids.... we are
Old Feb 26, 2011, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
if ur talking about the person i think ur talking about he has/had a 04-06 es and got a 4g93dohc head from llt racing..
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by OZR_Lancer
the g63 will not work with the g94 . they are 2 totaly diff platforms.

the only dohc head that will swap over onto the 4g93/94 block is from 4g92mivec or 4g93 dohc head mirage that were sold overseas, those configurations were never avaliable to the us market....

4g63/64 are more alike and thats why you see peoples evo's on here with 4g64 block with the dohc head from an 8/9. The only lancer thans known to run a 4g63 period from factory are n/a ones that were sold in mexico and some euro markets according to wikipedia

thats all the information i have about this... im pretty sure im positive on this but could be wrong for the total cost of the dohc headswap for the g94 will be around 2-3g's for 4g92/4g93 dohc head swap...

this isnt a honda kids.... we are
Thanks for the info... I love my mitsu and don't want to sell it I just want to be a little faster I'll look for a 4g92 head hopefully I can get one
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

its also possible to match a 63 head with a 69 block with slight mods. theres an evo running the ralliart block floating around here somewhere
Old Feb 27, 2011, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
there are 4 different dohc heads that will swap onto our 4g94.. all 4g9x parts r interchangable..
4g93E and 4g92mivec are both considered to be the best flowing 4g9x heads to use.
JUN builds a lot of head parts for the mivec head, but big turbo guys overseas stick to the 93E head and go with springs and custom grind cams

GL finding them. u can talk to LTT-racing.. or LLT (always forget) they can get u a full swap for around 1k, might need to get a few parts locally, but they can get u everything.

Not worth ur time.. ur talkin about maken 150-180hp off an NA setup.. u can easilly make 200-220 off a simple turbo setup on stock head n block.

If u have ur mind set on a a swap instead of just turboing ur car..

Spend the money and get an evo motor and eclipse/galant trans. and spend 2-3days getting it in the car and building custom engine mounts for it. using an eclipse or galant trans with our differential and our axles its a simple swap, about the same as what guys have to do to use K series motors in older hondas, but no one makes 4g63 engine mount and trans mount., just gotta do that one part by urself..
Old Feb 27, 2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2
there are 4 different dohc heads that will swap onto our 4g94.. all 4g9x parts r interchangable..
4g93E and 4g92mivec are both considered to be the best flowing 4g9x heads to use.
JUN builds a lot of head parts for the mivec head, but big turbo guys overseas stick to the 93E head and go with springs and custom grind cams

GL finding them. u can talk to LTT-racing.. or LLT (always forget) they can get u a full swap for around 1k, might need to get a few parts locally, but they can get u everything.

Not worth ur time.. ur talkin about maken 150-180hp off an NA setup.. u can easilly make 200-220 off a simple turbo setup on stock head n block.

Spend the money and get an evo motor and eclipse/galant trans. and spend 2-3days getting it in the car and building custom engine mounts for it. using an eclipse or galant trans with our differential and our axles its a simple swap, about the same as what guys have to do to use K series motors in older hondas, but no one makes 4g63 engine mount and trans mount., just gotta do that one part by urself..
Thanks for the info! I was thinking of going turbo but I'm a little confused since my car is daily driven I don't know if I should replace internals or just a dyno tune cause I love my car and I don't want to blow my engine I have seen many guys blowing theirs at the track
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Demon_ni2

are you refering to the 2.4ltr ralliart,eclipse,and galant tranny?
Old Feb 27, 2011, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by historyjhonson
Thanks for the info! I was thinking of going turbo but I'm a little confused since my car is daily driven I don't know if I should replace internals or just a dyno tune cause I love my car and I don't want to blow my engine I have seen many guys blowing theirs at the track
Id give rob at RRM a call, he can guide you to the path thats best
Old Feb 27, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

are you refering to the 2.4ltr ralliart,eclipse,and galant tranny?
I said eclipse/galant trans.. what do you think? being that im refurring to the fwd trans that was used on the 4g64 motor..

Last edited by Demon_ni2; Feb 27, 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Id give rob at RRM a call, he can guide you to the path thats best
he will suggest u go with a rrm turbo kit for 6k. or a bunch of other points small modifications that will only get u another 10-30hp max on a NA setup.

etiher go turbo. or do a swap head swap, or do an evo motor swap.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
demon in that case he should just buy the 4g64 motor and do.the g63 head a lot easier and I think it requires on custom mount.
If that's something you don't want to do then you could run nitrous but your going to have to run it really low so you dont break a rod. This is one of the cheapest methods to gain horsies but very risky. Do it right the first time and just go turbo and spend the money...
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
demon in that case he should just buy the 4g64 motor and do.the g63 head a lot easier and I think it requires on custom mount.
If that's something you don't want to do then you could run nitrous but your going to have to run it really low so you dont break a rod. This is one of the cheapest methods to gain horsies but very risky. Do it right the first time and just go turbo and spend the money...

Quick Reply: 4g92 doch mivec head in a 4g94