Notices

Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 08:03 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info

k3lv suggested I make a sticky for this. Here's the basic info on the Ralliart's stock setup. Specs are the same on the Sportback model:

Speaker size: 6.5" speakers will fit with adapters (our speaker holes are a very odd size, too big for a 6.75" speaker, but 6.5" with adapters work). Depth is not a problem, there's plenty of room. If someone has measured, I'll put the actual depth up. Sportback rear speakers are 5.25" and don't have much mounting depth available.

Tweeters: Located in the A pillar, I was able to fit 1" aftermarket ones in no problem, but had to drill the pillar to mount them

Stock system output: Too low to matter

Stock alternator output: 110 amps

Wiring harnesses for replacing the stock deck can be found just about anywhere. If you want to replace the optional Infinity deck, you need this. If you want to replace the amplifier for the Infinity system, you need this.

Replacing the stock Infinity subwoofer: If you're going to do this, do it right. You'll want a new box, sub, and amp. You should be able to setup the amp to feed off the signal coming from the Infinity amp under the passenger seat. Replacing the sub in the stock encloser just isn't going to yield good results, and there's not enough power coming off the Infinity amp to power an aftermarket subwoofer properly.

If you have anything to add, post it and I'll add it in.

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Mar 14, 2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old Apr 11, 2007, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
be sure to mention that there is no mounting bracket!
you use the stock one...
i put my project off for weeks cause i couldnt find one...
thats cause they dont exist!
dont be a n00b like me.
Old Apr 12, 2007, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What do you mean john? No mounting bracket for the headunit? The amp?
Old May 6, 2007, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by otter
k3lv suggested I make a sticky for this. Here's the basic info on the Ralliart's stock setup. Specs are the same on the Sportback model:

Speaker size: 6.75" in all 4 corners. 6.5" speakers will fit with adapters. Depth is not a problem, there's plenty of room. If someone has measured, I'll put the actual depth up.
The rear speakers on the sportback are 5 1/4 and depth IS an issue here. I recommend replacing these asap as the stock speakers in the back of our sportbacks suck horribly and much more so than the front speakers which are actually livable. I bought a set of boston acoustics low profile 6.5's (sx series I think??) and they fit, I just haven't installed them yet as I need to drill for cable routing etc.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't find the control to turn up the sub on the stock infinity amp.. what's the deal, yo?

Don't tell me there isn't one! I was planning on replacing the stereo and turning the sub up a bit. I had a loud sound system in my other ride and I kind of like this suttle stuff for a change.
Old Jun 25, 2007, 07:44 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Tw3NTy0n3
I can't find the control to turn up the sub on the stock infinity amp.. what's the deal, yo?

Don't tell me there isn't one! I was planning on replacing the stereo and turning the sub up a bit. I had a loud sound system in my other ride and I kind of like this suttle stuff for a change.
There isn't a way. It's the most basic of basic amps, where everything is preset and unchangeable.
Old Jun 26, 2007, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

WHat about the other connection on the HU the power connection.... do you know the adapter for it? I want to change the HU and run 3 RCA cables to the trunk the only thing i need is the power adapter to setup the NEW HU cause I dont wanna splice them
Old Jun 27, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

should be able to source at circuit city.

here is one online, use only the power and ground wires and your good to go!

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-rUJqArh...sp?I=120707001
Old Jan 10, 2008, 09:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just found this out after buying the two harnesses separately..

It's everything you need to replace the stock deck and keep the sub and amp.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-EDghBEm...0707003&tp=736

Hope this helps!
Old Jan 11, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

lol i have 4x6's in the front and 6x9's in the rear
Old Jan 15, 2008, 09:22 AM

If anybody ever has a question about bypassing the amp let me know...Because an audio junkie like myself doesn't want an amp that doesn't allow me control the frequencies running through it. It took me 3 hours to do my deck and re run the wires allowing a bypass entirely of the amp, but I've got an insane system that with my new 1 farad capacitor smash other aftermarket systems...

BTW-we have stock infinity speakers, and at least for the high's anyways...They kick *** run em tell they blow(it's not easy to do so either)
Old Mar 31, 2008, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

What about replacement for the stock speaker in the subwoofer? Any leads on what to replace it with and from where? Saw the stealership was asking about 70 bucks for a stock replacement.
Old Mar 31, 2008, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by KillahB
What about replacement for the stock speaker in the subwoofer? Any leads on what to replace it with and from where? Saw the stealership was asking about 70 bucks for a stock replacement.
www.partsexpress.com
Old Jun 21, 2008, 07:42 AM
EvoM Administrator

Figured out something interesting the other day. I blew one of my Infinity Kappa rear speakers, which was a 6.5" attached to an infinity-supplied adapter. To replace it, I bought some Kappa 6.75" speakers and figured out something interesting - they're too small! I had to get creative with the mounting, as it was late in the day and I didn't feel up to cutting an adapter out of 1/4" plywood.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

so wait did you install it back on the the adapter cause then it would be to big right or did you just put it back into the hole

Quick Reply: Basic 2004-2006 Ralliart Audio Info