Notices

MY10 RA - won't start, key - central locking doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2015, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MY10 RA - won't start, key - central locking doesn't work

Hey. Have had my car sitting for 3 months (no licence). Went to jump start it but it won't actually turn over, it makes the usual sound like its going to start.
I'm wondering if the immobiliser has lost its codes or something because the key doesn't work, the battery in it is fine, the light still flashes and I replaced the battery in it not too long ago. I can't lock my car either! Help? Thanks.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 01:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by MichyMY10RA
Hey. Have had my car sitting for 3 months (no licence). Went to jump start it but it won't actually turn over, it makes the usual sound like its going to start.
I'm wondering if the immobiliser has lost its codes or something because the key doesn't work, the battery in it is fine, the light still flashes and I replaced the battery in it not too long ago. I can't lock my car either! Help? Thanks.
Try replacing the battery in the key fob. Make sure the car battery has a good charge before starting it. The other way is to put the key in the ignition and turn it to the run position, hit the lock button, wait a second then hit the unlock button and then try to start it. Do this with the door closed.