Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

I finally made my gauge cluster blue!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ buy his kit! everyone has complimented me on my kit!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:12 PM
Evolving Member

the instructions z_lancer_man gives you is VERY helpful and he does provide as much support as needed. just installed the lights! the clock is a little darker than the rest (but i've read that it's supposed to be like that).. regardless, it looks AMAZINg. great product and great service! (change the lights during the daytime though.. hahaha)
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
^ buy his kit! everyone has complimented me on my kit!
the instructions z_lancer_man gives you is VERY helpful and he does provide as much support as needed. just installed the lights! the clock is a little darker than the rest (but i've read that it's supposed to be like that).. regardless, it looks AMAZINg. great product and great service! (change the lights during the daytime though.. hahaha)
Thanks guys! Yeah, I've done many installs at night I just changed my gauge lights last night and it took me 5min, 46 sec. I've done it so many times, I thought I'd time myself!
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:43 PM
Evolving Member

after looking at the 3 colors on his website...the red looks more sticking out...even tho i want blue...but the needels are fully visible in red only...others they are like faded out...any way to get the needels blue??? or any way to make the needels brighter??
Old Apr 3, 2005, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xtreme571
after looking at the 3 colors on his website...the red looks more sticking out...even tho i want blue...but the needels are fully visible in red only...others they are like faded out...any way to get the needels blue??? or any way to make the needels brighter??
The red is actually the stock picture for my OZ cluster, but the red LEDs would do the same. As for blue, this week I am going to work on getting the needles blue. In order to do so, I am going to scrape off the red paint on the back of it and paint blue behind it then a white layer, just like the stock ones. THat should do the trick. I'll keep you all updated on this thread. Should look really cool.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

they look really good. i might have to get some. i'm not digging the stick interior lighting.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

^ i would order a set.....makes a big difference on you car, and just a little difference on your wallet.

and no...i don't work for him i just like his product!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Once I get back my OZ cluster I may have to order the kit. It does look good. Plus I wanna wait to see if he can get the needles blue too.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

This will be a busy week for me. First thing is getting my needles blue. Next, blacking my headlights and installing my angel eyes I'm gonna work on my needles this afternoon/night. Hopefully it all goes well and I'll be able to post some pics tonight!
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Z_Lancer_Man
This will be a busy week for me. First thing is getting my needles blue. Next, blacking my headlights and installing my angel eyes I'm gonna work on my needles this afternoon/night. Hopefully it all goes well and I'll be able to post some pics tonight!
If the needles get done it'll look sweet. Once I see pics then I'm gonna be forced to get the kit
Old Apr 4, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

oOo, i think i'll wait till you get the needles blue before i do anything, this will look good with my cobalt blue gauges from Autometer.
Old Apr 4, 2005, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Blue Needles!

Okay, like I said earlier, tonight was my night for working on my needles and here are the results: (Also note that the gauge faces are brighter than shown in the picture, the needles are just a lot brighter than before!)

Now you will notice that I have two different colored needles when the lights are off. White ones and Blue Ones. I want to know which you guys like best. Now before you decided, with white needles, no matter what back light you use for your cluster, the needles will match. However, if you make the needles a certain color, well, it only works for that color. Notice how when the lights are on, you can't tell which ones are white needles and which ones are blue. Let me know what you all think!

Last edited by Z_Lancer_Man; Apr 4, 2005 at 10:57 PM.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 12:53 AM
Evolving Member

^ that's amazing...

btw, i pmed you about the dimmer light!
Old Apr 5, 2005, 04:53 AM
Evolved Member

Looks awesome. GREAT Job!!! That blue is so sweet. Yeah and I think I like the blue needles over the white.

PM sent---->I'm gonna order the cluster kit soon with those blue needles.

Last edited by sthiewes; Apr 5, 2005 at 05:18 AM.
Old Apr 5, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

id take the blue needles over the white 2
just saved enough money to order the cluster 2

Quick Reply: I finally made my gauge cluster blue!