Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Scratches on your cluster lens? I found a fix!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2005, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Scratches on your cluster lens? I found a fix!

Hey guys, I can't find the post I made a few days ago about repairing scratches in your cluster lens (the plastic which covers it). Some dude said to use car wax which was an awesome idea but what if you've got some really funky stuff on there that just won't wash off? I had some very strange junk on mine and found soap, bleach, wax, and even armor-all weren't working untill I got an epiphany: Use some Meguiar's ColorX scratch remover I had sitting around. The stuff works beautifully for plastic scratches. Next time i'm cleaning the car i'm going to do the clock too, since it's got some scratches as well. After using that, use the car wax, shines beautifully and like new
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

hell yeah i have the SAME thing on mine. i tried windex and elbow grrease and NOTHING, i was soooo frustarated. thanx for the info man.
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

really? sounds like a plan for the next time I clean mine too
Old Mar 8, 2005, 11:14 PM
Evolving Member

It takes some rubbing, and doesn't remove the really deep ones but the improvements are definately noticable. I wish I had taken some before pics so you could have seen the weird scratches and marks that were on the lens. It was like some liquid residue was stuck on there, and there were some significant scratches all along the center area. Now, you can only see the scratches when you hold the plastic up next to a lightbulb and the residue is gone!

The wax does a good job of minimizing the deeper scratches I found, Use it as liberally as you'd like. I found repeating a few times does improve the effect.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the tip!