Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

Another Build Thread...OZ Rally Style - **Long page load warning**

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2009, 05:49 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another Build Thread...OZ Rally Style - **Long page load warning**

My 2003 Mitsu Lancer OZ Rally edition. 5 Speed manual. So far i've only installed a Tein Basic Damper Coilover suspension but i'm hoping to get an intake/exhaust and some projector headlights in the near future... and by near i mean prolly a few months or so.

Anyway here she is

Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

looking good so far man... any pics with the fog lights on?
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:56 PM
Evolving Member

looks good man.. yeah get some pics with the fog lights on.. what are your plans for this baby
Old Mar 10, 2009, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
lookin good. clean ride. (i would -1 those tires, 205/50 or 205/55 on those 15s.)
Old Mar 10, 2009, 09:20 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys, sadly the foglights are out of commission at the moment due to the fact that the connector to the relay melted together with the relay... i've been looking around for another pilot relay but i haven't found any yet.

as for the tires, they're currently 195/60R15s [Goodyear: assurance tripletred], stock size for the car. personally i don't have the money for new rims, but also i haven't really found a style that i like matched with this car.

I have a few plans for it... if i intend to keep the stock motor i was thinking about building it up with heads, cam, forged internals, intake/exhaust obviously, turbo, reprogrammed ecu... basically everything short of nitrous.
if i decide NOT to keep the stock motor tho... i've heard of someone taking the Twin Turbo V6 engine out of a 3000GT and dropping it in a lancer... and i'd love to do that and keep it stock looking to build a sleeper.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

nice ... where you from in nj? ... 02 03 lancers are a dying breed in nj...
Old Mar 11, 2009, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Don't you wish it came in a different color?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

ralliart grills are pro

i cant see because of the tint on my computer outside..(80 d's).. but it looks black, that would be pretty cool if u could go with an all black theme, ive yet to see an oz rally like that
Old Mar 11, 2009, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

imajinmyfx - Yes and no, i'm currently living in an apartment in Bloomfield and there are a decent number of OZ rally editions around here, though most of them look daily driven by an older crowd... not really many mods to them. I may be moving back in with my parents in blairstown tho which is like near the border of PA in bumble**** nowhere. lol.

Sir Lance-A-Lot - Kinda... yeah. My first car was an silver/grey 06 Civic coupe and it was soooo bland...ugh. it was nice to have the black when i first got it, but i'd like to do it mitsubishi's like navy blue color that they had for lancers back in 03. although to be honest i would probably change the color on a weekly basis if i could...heh. now that would be the ****. push a button and get a different color car. just like in the video games! :-P

scorpionx13 - thanks man, it came with the car so when i saw another lancer on the road i was like "why the hell would he replace such a nice grill?" lol but yeah i hope i can transfer it to the Evo 7 front conversion kit i want to get from RRM... it doesn't look like it though...

^^Image from RRM.com

Last edited by Daedalus2051; Mar 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM.
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolving Member

Thats how I feel man, I just wish car paint was like 20 bucks for a cars worth of paint. I'd ****in paint some sick **** on my OZ. I like the color better then red, but other then that I cant say I like it more then the other colors. I kinda prefer it over yellow too
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking good, how well does that bumper line up with the side skirts?
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

looks good, i would take the badges off the trunk, it will really clean it up, but otherwise looks good, and i think an all black theme would look awesome, paint the stock rims black, it would look sick
Old Mar 11, 2009, 10:51 PM
Evolving Member

and go with some black JDM tail lights, and tint them a little to darken the lights, and go with some black projectors
Old Mar 11, 2009, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jdparadee
and go with some black JDM tail lights, and tint them a little to darken the lights, and go with some black projectors
I'm watching you following me. LOL
Old Mar 12, 2009, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Car looks good man, i'd get some center caps from mitsu to replace what you've got on there, make the rims look a little nicer. but great start, can't go wrong with a drop like that

Quick Reply: Another Build Thread...OZ Rally Style - **Long page load warning**