Notices
Lancer Show / Shine Find out where to get the newest body kits and spoilers for your Lancer as well as how to keep your car in tip top shape.

The slow one

Old Oct 22, 2014, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interior atm
Attached Thumbnails The slow one-forumrunner_20141022_175709.jpg  
Old Oct 29, 2014, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

Update: Saving for turbo but its hard being a college student . But its coming along slowly but surley. Trying to have it turboed by summer.

After a turbo I want to give it a sporty but clean look . I was thinking vented hood, new rrm front bumper, then a aftermarket rear bumper, then a wing like a drag spoiler, similar to andykhans evo X.

Then buy another 4g94 motor and build so I can run larger boost.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Hey man, nice updates, the car has been coming along nicely. Take your time. I have been struggling with this myself, sometimes I just want to forget about modding my car. It seems like a long process when you don't have enough money at your disposal but you will get there eventually.
Old Nov 3, 2014, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by SilentCool
Hey man, nice updates, the car has been coming along nicely. Take your time. I have been struggling with this myself, sometimes I just want to forget about modding my car. It seems like a long process when you don't have enough money at your disposal but you will get there eventually.
Yeah its so hard to be patient and wait for the money to buy parts
Old Nov 3, 2014, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Added the vortex roof spoiler . Ordered output speedometer sensor . Still cant find where the input sensor is located tho. Right now im in the process to get it registered and inspected . But becuase of the stupid cat problem im having trouble.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Been trying to save up for a mirage head . A junkyard by me has them for 450 . Then id just have to get a few other parts to get it going like the belt , plugs etc .

(But right now I have to replace my rotors)
(thumbdown)

Also once I get the DoHC conversion I will prob start saving for new rims or coilivers if I dont get them as a gift (Christmas)

Another prob I might have is the bottom of my car getting rust . Its not too badd but not too good .

Once I get the rims , I wanna go turbo .
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

Been doing a lot of research tonight and stubbled upon some old forums about the mivec head swap.

If the motor head I found isnt mivec and dohc I will probably go turbo instead . Because I dont want to order one from Australia which would cost just as much as the turbo. So thats my dilemma.

If anyone knows where I can get a dohc mivec engine lmk.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb
Added the vortex roof spoiler . Ordered output speedometer sensor . Still cant find where the input sensor is located tho. Right now im in the process to get it registered and inspected . But becuase of the stupid cat problem im having trouble.
One of them is located under the battery tray area. Right next to where the shifter cable attaches to the tranny. Be very careful when going for that one. When i changed mine on my white es i broke the plastic head that attaches the shifter cable to the tranny( you gotta wiggle around it without putting stress on the cable easier just to unbolt it. One bolt) once that happens ur pretty much screwed till you get a new one. But the other sensor should be right on top of the tranny if you have a stock intake box you gotta remove it to see it bt. Aftermarket intake you should be able to look straight down and see it
Old Dec 21, 2014, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jsangiovanni

One of them is located under the battery tray area. Right next to where the shifter cable attaches to the tranny. Be very careful when going for that one. When i changed mine on my white es i broke the plastic head that attaches the shifter cable to the tranny( you gotta wiggle around it without putting stress on the cable easier just to unbolt it. One bolt) once that happens ur pretty much screwed till you get a new one. But the other sensor should be right on top of the tranny if you have a stock intake box you gotta remove it to see it bt. Aftermarket intake you should be able to look straight down and see it

I have a aftermarket short ram , so whatvi have to do it take out the battery and lift up the tray and its right there ?
Old Dec 21, 2014, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Thahomeboyb
I have a aftermarket short ram , so whatvi have to do it take out the battery and lift up the tray and its right there ?
U should just have to take ur intake off or even just the filter and u should have enough room to see it. Bt its under the shifter cable and u dont wanna pull on it 2much while trying to get to the sensor thats why i recommend taking the battery and tray out u will have more room to see what ur doing and manuever. Heres a link to the location of the sensor this is an eclipse tranny bt there exactly the same .

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/superbovine/2011-03-20_231632_capture.jpg

u see the cable and how it attaches to the shifter mechanism by that one bolt. That end of the cable is plastic and on an old car there brittle and u do not wanna break it.
Old Dec 21, 2014, 11:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jsangiovanni

U should just have to take ur intake off or even just the filter and u should have enough room to see it. Bt its under the shifter cable and u dont wanna pull on it 2much while trying to get to the sensor thats why i recommend taking the battery and tray out u will have more room to see what ur doing and manuever. Heres a link to the location of the sensor this is an eclipse tranny bt there exactly the same .

http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/su...32_capture.jpg

u see the cable and how it attaches to the shifter mechanism by that one bolt. That end of the cable is plastic and on an old car there brittle and u do not wanna break it.
Okay will try my best to locate it tomorrow , that is a auto tranny correct ? Also if im still.having trouble I will post a pic