Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

OZ Springs On An ES?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OZ Springs On An ES?

Which one of these parts would I need to put OZ springs on my ES? Thanks!

Attached Thumbnails OZ Springs On An ES?-f706050.gif  
Old Feb 3, 2006, 11:46 AM

My Question is why do you want to put OZ Springs on your car?
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:01 PM
Account Disabled

ok well

1) search next time..

2) ill be nice

hold on.

the back suspension is the same.

the front u need oz bearings and bearing plates... that is all. (i believe)
Old Feb 3, 2006, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akasirlancerlot
ok well

1) search next time..

2) ill be nice

hold on.

the back suspension is the same.

the front u need oz bearings and bearing plates... that is all. (i believe)
I did search but the site I got that diagram from doesn't list any of those parts as bearings plates or bearings?
Old Feb 3, 2006, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

this might help

here ya go

Old Feb 5, 2006, 03:47 PM
Evolving Member

So if i was to put Ralliart springs and struts on my ES... I'd jsut have to purchase the upper strut mounts and upper strut bearings off of an OZ/Ralliart... only for the front because the back is the same... and then would i be able to change the springs to H&R without any problems after?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
In the end it wouldn't be worth it, you'd spend hundreds on shocks and springs and you wouldn't gain any more performance than you would by just buying springs for the stock struts/shocks. Why not save your money and buy an actual suspension kit (tein, nex, jic)?
Old Feb 5, 2006, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
In the end it wouldn't be worth it, you'd spend hundreds on shocks and springs and you wouldn't gain any more performance than you would by just buying springs for the stock struts/shocks. Why not save your money and buy an actual suspension kit (tein, nex, jic)?
uh, he wouldnt be spending that much more, the upper strut mounts and bearings plus OZ springs are all he needs, you can use the stock shock, and ive still yet to hear of anyone blowing out their shocks with aftermarket springs (unless someone wants to inform me)

no matter what its going to be the cheap way out to lower your car, i do however agree on saving for some good coilovers is the way to go.

and your comment on not gaining any performance with just springs...... unless you have some proof in numbers, i wouldnt be so quick to talk
Old Feb 5, 2006, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Is it more than just buying springs? Yes, it would be at least 150$ (based on prices I've heard for the mounts and bearings) more. Now then, are springs great for performance, or are their any real differences between spring manufacturers? No not really. I've heard of lots of people blowing their stock shocks out on just springs, hell do a search and you'll see. My brother has gone through two sets of shocks (I believe) on his corolla, and he has eibachs which claim they won't blow out the stock system. As for the last bit, do you really think that the OZ mounts are going to make any performance difference? Put an ES with progress springs against an OZ with teins/eibachs/whatever and you'd be doubtful to see a difference. A car with coilovers on the other hand is a completely different story.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

It would cost me about $150 cnd for the upper strut mounts and the upper strut mount bearings at most. I am able to get ralliart struts and springs that are pretty much brand new for a very good price. So i was thinking of just getting those installed for now to stiffen up the ride a bit. My original plan was to go with tein basic coilovers... but i don't autocross or race and the roads where i live are pretty ****ty.. so i wasn't too sure if the trade-off was worth it. I was also able to get ralliart h&r springs for a very good price so that's why i suggested those as well. I don't want to put Progress lowering springs on my ES because they are too low... and i can just tell by looking at them that they would take out my shocks in less than 6 months. Would the ralli-art struts and springs feel ALOT better around corners than my ES suspension... I know it will feel better... but would it be "worth it" better (without H&R lowering springs)?

I originally saved enough money for the coilovers... but if i go with the ralliart suspension i could get headers and probably toss on a spoiler as well before spring.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

I doubt it would be that different, and in my opinion not worth it at all.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

Yea i agree it seems pretty pointless
Old Feb 5, 2006, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

If you're worried about too stiff of a ride with coilovers, I would suggest the NEX system, plenty of canucks have it and love it.
Old Feb 5, 2006, 08:30 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does this look like Ralliart springs or shocks will give you any better performance? I think not, look at how squishy they are. Pointless, as said above. Now I can understand a little bit about people buying OZ parts because that opens up more options for springs, but yet again springs aren't what makes the suspension perform better (honestly, all they do is lower the center of gravity). It's shocks that help handling, so if you're still on the stock shocks, it doesn't matter what springs you buy, so just buy whatever is available for your ES and brag about your car being lowered.

Old Feb 6, 2006, 01:23 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the responses. The cheapest i could find Nex coilovers were for 644 plus shipping, but i have decided that I am going to pay the extra 1-200 dollars and get the tein basic coilovers. I will suck up the stiffer ride for the thrill of driving.

Quick Reply: OZ Springs On An ES?