Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

The search for struts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2003, 03:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post The search for struts

I've been looking for some strut options for my 03 OZ lancer and I keep hearing that the Ralliart units are out not available anymore and I hear that ILP sells Konis but there site is under construction. Any help on either where I can get the Konis or if the Ralliarts are gonna be back would be appreciated
Old Apr 14, 2003, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

why dont u call ILP?
Old Apr 14, 2003, 03:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

ILP sent prototypes to Koni who sent back shocks that did not fit and were not built to Jeff's specifications.

The RMR's are impossible to source at a reasonable price.

These are just shocks however.

Tein makes a fully adjustable damper set (SS series) as well that normally runs around $1,100.

You could have found all this if you just read around a bit more, but I'll give you partial credit for doing some of your homework. j/p.
Old Apr 14, 2003, 03:28 PM
Evolving Member

good point
Old Apr 14, 2003, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

check ebay...there are usually some things there...
Old Apr 14, 2003, 11:03 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
other than Tein, Jic Magic also makes a coilover kit, but it's like $1900 . I am personally weary of ebay items unless it's a name brand available elsewhere. For example, I would never buy "Bob's universal Lancer lowering springs" for $25 But yeah, there doesn't seem to be much as far as options for the lancer right now.
Old Apr 15, 2003, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Is that a sign of things to come with vendors running out of parts or is it my imagination
Old Apr 15, 2003, 12:44 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Yeah, totally forgot about the JIC's.

FLTA2

Our flagship coilover setup. The FLT-A2 features a light weight, 15 way adjustable monotube damper that ensures high strength and fade free performance. The ride height is adjustable separate from the spring perch giving you maximum suspension travel at any setting. This also allows for proper corner weighting of the vehicle without effecting spring preload settings. Linear springs give laser precision steering response. All models include upper pillow ball mounts. MacPherson strut designs utilize front camber plates and feature high tensile steel brackets. Multilink suspension designs feature a CNC machined aluminum lower brackets.

(Directly from JIC-Magic.com)

Last edited by HobieKopek; Apr 15, 2003 at 12:48 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2003, 02:41 AM

i can't believe that no one has released adjustable struts/shocks yet... i mean our lancers have been out for about 2 years now. is it really that hard to design one? can the design be much different than other mitsu models? or do these companies just feel that the lancer isn't popular enough to shell out the $$$ for R&D? anyway, i hope something comes out soon or i might just have to buy the tein's and sell my coilover kit. oh well
Old Apr 28, 2003, 11:37 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

For the record, consider the price difference between Tein and JIC partially made up for with the inclusion of upper pillowball mounts on the JIC's. That's at least a couple hundred of the different right there.
Old Apr 30, 2003, 12:34 PM

how much are they asking for the struts shown there?
Old May 11, 2003, 02:29 AM

I can't believe that kyb would make an entirely new strut for one model car. Is anyone able to see if mirage struts would fit. They have a lot (2+) performance replacement struts for the mirage. That could be our answer.
Old May 11, 2003, 01:39 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by kpblancer
how much are they asking for the struts shown there?
The Jic suspension for the Lancer runs about $1900. Like Andrew said, that comes with pillowball camber plates. Tein ($1200) plus the camber plates I found at ILP ($160 front, $180 rear) brings it up to over $1500. Here's the Jic site:
http://www.jic-magic.com/

And GEEZ Andrew! Jic is gonna have to give you royalties for the advertising you just gave them!
Old Jul 2, 2003, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

So there's basically no struts for our Lancers now???
No Ralliart No Koni No nothing?
only those 1k+ coilovers??

damn..that blows...
Old Jul 3, 2003, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by 02Lancer
...i can't believe that no one has released adjustable struts/shocks yet... i mean our lancers have been out for about 2 years now...
Don't be too discouraged. My roommate has a Nissan SE-R Spec-V and he said the same thing is happening to his car as well. There was another suspension thread floating around talking about KYB and Koni. I emailed KYB and they stated they had a goal to get the KYB struts out by 2004. With cars like Kontradiction's ride out there, comanies are bound to get into the mix.

Speaking of the Mirage strut, does anyone know if they would fit?

EDIT: Another thing to consider. I just checked out a group buy for KYB and the application guide shed some light on the situation. There are NO cars newer than 2001 on their application guide. Since there are a lot of newer variations of vehicles that came out in 2002/2003, I can see why it is taking them longer to get them out (2 years isn't that long when you have to design, develop, and test an application).

Last edited by livelyjay; Jul 3, 2003 at 04:25 AM.

Quick Reply: The search for struts