Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

ebay lancer Brembo rotors Cross-Drilled and Slotted

Old Nov 27, 2003, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ebay lancer Brembo rotors Cross-Drilled and Slotted

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2444615858

(mods I thought this would be best in lancer general, you can move if you want/need to )

so i ran into this ebay auction for Brembo rotors Cross-Drilled and Slotted for the lancer oz/ls ... how does one actually know that these are brembo? seems WAYY too check for brembro ...

any thoughts? here's the writeup and pic:

02-03 Mitsubishi- Lancer LS, O-Z Rally Edition Models (Except ES model)

(2 front total of 2 rotors)

You are Bidding on a Brand New Brembo rotors Cross-Drilled and Slotted. These rotors are OEM size. They will fit your vehicle without any Modification to your brake systems. Our company provide 60 days Warranty on all our rotors.
Attached Thumbnails ebay lancer Brembo rotors Cross-Drilled and Slotted-1a_1.jpg  
Old Nov 27, 2003, 09:32 PM
Account Disabled

when you get them...they will have an product number on the rim of the rotor...and will say brembo on the rim also...i have gotten brembo rotrs from ebay b4...and they were legit...i actually contacted brembo via email...and they verified everything...though...from what i have learned through these forums...go slotted...not cross drilled...unless yor going for a big brake upgrade...
Old Nov 28, 2003, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

well.. they look nice :-D lol -- but yea .. get slotted

Edit: Reason? .. i know someone that had cross drilled and they cracked
Old Nov 28, 2003, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

only go cross drilled if the aftermarket rotor is larger than the stock rotor, these ARE NOT, "These rotors are OEM size."

basically, dont buy them
Old Nov 28, 2003, 09:14 PM
Account Disabled

dude..thats what i said...!!??
Old Dec 2, 2003, 05:39 AM
Evolved Member

Not to knock on the vendor, but are you sure these are official Brembo Cross-drilled and slotted rotors? A lot of companys buy the Brembo OE Replacements rotors (Brembo Blanks) and send them out to a third party to get them cross drilled and slotted. Just be wary because Brembo does not cover the rotors under any warranty after they are sent to a third party.

Also, why not go with these instead of an OE replacement or the ones that RRM sells for $189. These are slotted too and as far as I know cross-drilled isn't all that bad. So what gives?
Old Dec 2, 2003, 11:37 PM
Bomb Squad Unit #02

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The problem with cross-drilled is if they heat up too much, they tend to crack. Stock size rotors are small and can not dissipate the heat well, so they are more prone to cracking than larger racing rotors which are large enough to dissipate the heat. That's why everyone is saying not to buy cross drilled unless you upgrade to a big brake kit first. However, I wonder if they are real Brembo brand, they might be of better quality than other drilled ones out there.

As for the Brembo legit thing, I believe the part that Brembo is more famous for is their calipers, so their rotors are not all that terribly expensive to begin with, so this price is possible for real Brembo rotors. However, it is ebay so anything's possible.

Last edited by urbanknight; Dec 2, 2003 at 11:44 PM.
Old Dec 2, 2003, 11:38 PM
Account Disabled

if you actually go to the brembo site...their list price is like 280 for each rotor
Old Dec 7, 2003, 08:54 AM
Evolving Member

Brembo rotors are not that expensive... I bought two pairs for a GTi I owned, from a local vendor (speed shop). They came in the boxes, stamped Brembo, and CAD plated... they were about $90/pair for stock size.... That's why I purchased them, because they were inexpensive, and Brembo is a damn good name brand in brakes.... From my experience with cross drilled rotors, they can warp easily, and once they do, they keep warping.... You can turn them, then the next month, they're warped again.... I don't know if that was due to them being the OEM sizing or not.... This was all street driving, no autocrossing.... I wouldn't be too worried about the slotted style, as they still have a lot of surface area for strength. You're going to have to decide how much the coolness factor of the cross drilled look is worth... If that means replacing rotors every 6 months, then more power to ya... personally, I'll take my reliability on my daily driver, and leave the exotic "race" parts to the Sunday driver in the garage... or you can just buy a sportbike, as they all have cross drilled rotors, and are faster anyway.... James
Old Dec 7, 2003, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

go wilwood Big brake... i need to get them.. they look so HOT..
Old May 11, 2004, 06:59 PM
Evolved Member

I was looking on brembo's site and I cant find how much it would be for brembo discs and calipers.

can n e one assist?
Old May 12, 2004, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

I couldn't find them either.
Old May 19, 2004, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

looks like this is for the OZ model.. 4x114.3
anyways.. here is the catalog for pirces http://www.brembo.com/NR/rdonlyres/8...4HPCatalog.pdf
Old May 20, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

under the price listing, it only has a evo listed. Also, do they make the calipers for them too???
Old May 20, 2004, 08:43 AM
jtc
Evolving Member

i'm pretty sure those are just normal rotors purchased, and depending on who did them, the cross-drilling and slotting might be a hack-job. i wouldn't ge them.