Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Brake Proportioning Valve

Old Dec 7, 2010, 08:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Proportioning Valve

Hi All,

I'm very new to the Lancer world, and was wondering if it was possible to change the brake proportioning valve in a 2010 Lancer SE to slightly increase the rear brake bias. I have already upgraded the brake pads and rotors.

Increasing rear brake bias a bit from stock is something I have done while tuning other cars, but wasn't able to find any info for the Lancer.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
Old Dec 9, 2010, 06:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Paul-928
Hi All,

I'm very new to the Lancer world, and was wondering if it was possible to change the brake proportioning valve in a 2010 Lancer SE to slightly increase the rear brake bias. I have already upgraded the brake pads and rotors.

Increasing rear brake bias a bit from stock is something I have done while tuning other cars, but wasn't able to find any info for the Lancer.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul
Thats a good question, but what ever bias you would want you would likely have to take into consideration the Electronic brake distribution system that is standard on the car. It attempts to keep things balanced so if you do make the rear tighter, you might trip the EBD system often under hard braking.

Someone who is a tech let me know.

you might want to study some of the Lancer Technical documents that are out there.

I will see if i can find mine
Old Dec 10, 2010, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you kindly.

Is there a central repository of Lancer documentation, or should I just use Google?

I'm more familiar with tuning late 80s/early 90s Porsches, so the only computers to deal with are for the ignition, fuel and ABS. Everything else is pretty much simple electrical, mechanical, hydraulic or vacuum-driven.

Need to catch up with the times