Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

Suspension problems :/

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2015, 07:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suspension problems :/

Hey, so i have a couple of questions. I got new Godspeed suspension and installed it and now I am having two main problems.
First, something is loose. My front driver side tire keeps moving around like the camber is not bolted tight (and it is). So the camber keeps changing and sometimes I am driving with a straight steering wheel and then I am not. not sure what the problem is, I have double checked everything to make sure it is tight.
Second, it is bouncy. the suspension has adjustable dampeners and I just can not seem to get it right. I don't know if it is over dampened or under.

If anyone could give me some tips that would be great.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 01:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have the camber adjustable top hats make sure the locking nuts are tight. Two ,have someone turn the steering wheel back and forth and watch the strut top hats to see if they are moving at top. If not, I would take them off and not drive with them. Too dangerous.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
under-damped.

If you can't find what is wrong - take to a wheel/tire place and have them inspect - this sounds dangerous if you can't find the issue yourself.