Notices
Lancer Tires, Wheels, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored by The Tire Rack From suspension settings to new wheels and tires or brake upgrades... it's all covered here. Sponsored by: The Tire Rack

No power steering reservoir?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2016, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No power steering reservoir?

I just put my winter tires on and they are slightly bigger than the stock ones but they still fit just fine. I noticed a little noise when turning sharply before parking and so I decided to check the power steering. I opened the hood and could not find the reservoir. Did the 2011 lancers not come with regular power steering? Maybe electric?
maybe the previous owner did something to it? It doesn't drive like it has no power steering that's for sure.

Any help would be great!
Old Oct 22, 2016, 05:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 had electric steering for all lancers except for the GTS and Ralliart. so if you have a DE or an ES then there will be no PS reservoir.

Larger tires will tend to make more road noise than what you are used to when compared to the stock size. winter tires can also contribute to heard noise. The combination of both factors is probably what you are hearing.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 06:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ahhh I see. Thank you for the reply. I got my car used and am a little confused on the sub model i have. It's got a leather interior, sunroof, Rockford fosgate sound system with sub and fog lights but it had 16" stock rims on it. I thought the gts had all those options but 18" wheels. Now that I know I have electric power steering it can't be a gts. So is it an ES?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no problem dude.

ya I think you have a loaded es. the gts came with 18s, a 2.4L motor, front airdams, side skirts, rear wing spoiler, and paddle shift (if cvt) as standard kit. Or at least that's how they came in the USA.