Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

02 lancer OZ Slave cylinder bleeding

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2009, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 lancer OZ Slave cylinder bleeding

I Just got doing the clutch install in my moms car last night, and i was just wondering if there is a special way to bleed the Slave cylinder? Well if someone could help me out with this will be really helpful. The clutch pedal feels kinda weird, just not sure if it is right. So thanks for the help if you can help me out.
MIKE
Old Nov 29, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

Bump anyone help me out, the clutch pedal feels to soft, or do I maybe need to adjust the clutch pedal linkage since it has about 2" play up top, before in disingages the clutch.
MIKE
Old Nov 29, 2009, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the basic rundown to bleeding a clutch. First off do not bleed a clutch like you do a brake. Have someone in the car while you are underneath with the slave. Open the bleeder valve, have them push the pedal all the way to the floor and hold it there. Close the bleeder valve, then have them let off the pedal all the way. open the valve and have them push the pedal to the floor again and hold, close the valve and let of the pedal. Continue this until you get a string of 2 or 3 solid streams of fluid coming out of the valve to confirm all the air is out. DO NOT lift the pedal at all until the valve is closed or you will just be sucking air back into the sytem.
Old Dec 6, 2009, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

I would have your assistant pump the pedal 2 or 3 times, the hold it down. Open the bleeder till the stream starts to die off, but shut it before the clutch pedal bottoms out.