Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

Stainless steel clutch line info

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2011, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stainless steel clutch line info

Hey there everybody! im nut sure if this has been cleared up but i just found out the other night.

People buy the clutch line but it goes in a spot where it is already steel. At least thats where rrm says it is supposed to go.

Now on there advertisement under the lancer and ralliart sections it says specifically: "This clutch line not only replaces the stock one but is designed to bypass the clutch slave modulator. This modulator is the orifice placed in the line that softens the engagement of the stock clutch."

Now after looking through the FSM for the lancers it shows the lancer ralliart 4g69 has this "orifice" they are talking about so I see it would be effective for the ralliart. As for the lancer, there is no such piece.

The way i see it is if you are going to buy a ss clutch line get one that goes from the master all the way to the slave to replace the 2 rubber hoses that probly flex a little from pressure.
Attached Thumbnails Stainless steel clutch line info-clutch-orifice.jpg