Notices
Lancer Tranny/Drivetrain Tech Anything drivetrain related can be discussed here.

transmission swap

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2012, 04:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
transmission swap

i have a 2011 ES with the plain jane cvt transmission and i want to swap it out with a manual i would like the M/T from an evo X but way out of my price range so im wanting to swap the A/T with the M/T from another lancer ES or possibly a GTS if they match up. Im pretty new to swapping out a automatic for a manual but im pretty handy with tools.if anyone has done it before or taken part in a project like this any and all advice reguarding the swap would be deeply appreciated but please dont tell me i should just go buy a different car, i just bought her a few months ago.
Old Apr 26, 2012, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Will easily cost you 2-3 grand. Transmission, shift linkage, MT shift housing for the interior, Shifter, prolly different transmission mounts. It may be worth doing, but its really not in the long run. Go trade the car in for a manual lol...
Old Apr 30, 2012, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

All that time, money, and effort and your slow car will be ...still slow. Upgrading this car is a dead end, even turboing a manual is a waste of money. Turn back now.
Old Apr 30, 2012, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Panis
All that time, money, and effort and your slow car will be ...still slow. Upgrading this car is a dead end, even turboing a manual is a waste of money. Turn back now.
^ What he said ^

If you want a manual, an old Miata or BMW 3-series can be had for just a little more the cost of this swap you're planning and both have better driving dynamics than the Lancer right from the start. Under its shell, the Lancer is still a "Stop by the supermarket to pick up some Depends on my way back from dialysis" car.