Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Headlight Adjustment

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2002, 02:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlight Adjustment

Can someone tell me how to adjust your headlights? My headlights point down to the ground and i want it to be moved up so i can see the road. thanks
Old Nov 25, 2002, 03:27 PM
Evolved Member

Last time I checked the lights had to point to the ground in order to illuminate the road ahead. If you're going to try and fiddle with the lamps in order to move the beam pattern ahead of your field of vision from the driver seat, I'd recommend against that since you're losing the ability to see the path directly in front of you.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 04:35 PM

my car is drop really low, so i need to adjust the light. So i see the road ahead.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 04:42 PM

bump
Old Nov 25, 2002, 05:13 PM

apc has a head light upgrade harness that allows you to use higher wattage bulbs so you can see more of the road in front of you. i have the tien coilovers and 17" konigs so mine sits about 3" off the ground i got the harness because i couldn't see anything in front of me. the harness is 49.99 and the higher wattage bulbs were 39.99. its well worth the money to be able to see the road again.
p.s. you can't adjust the headlights
Old Nov 25, 2002, 05:31 PM

i can't adjust the headlight! thats sucks. u tellin me that all the cars we have around here, that the lancer can not adjust the highlight. o well thanks for the info.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 06:20 PM

Originally posted by MidNight_Sky
i can't adjust the headlight! thats sucks. u tellin me that all the cars we have around here, that the lancer can not adjust the highlight. o well thanks for the info.
well you could always buy some driving lights. if you don't know what they are they are like fog lights with a long narrow beam pattern instead of a short fat one like the fogs have
Old Apr 29, 2003, 01:36 AM
Evolving Member

You can align the headlight. If u look close enough at your headlight, the lens is in its own plastic and not connected to the rest of the chrome colored assembly. In back of the headlight assembly you will see a Milky white knob about a quarter size in diameter tucked in the fender area. Under that is a screw that will adjust the pitch of your beam. I haven't figured out how to take it off yet but I know its there. I have and extra headlight due to an accident I got in. I was tinkering around with the old damaged headlight to find and adjustment for the beam since my new headlight points low to the ground, but it looks like Mitsubishi has rigged it so that you must go to the dealer to have it adjusted. I’m still trying to figure out a way to get the milky white cap off. It’s on there pretty good so I would go tearing right into, it may be a challenge for some inpatient people. If anyone finds out and easy way to get the cap off let me know!
Old Apr 29, 2003, 12:20 PM

cool thats man
Old Apr 29, 2003, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I would think you could adjust them. As mentioned above there should be a little knob to turn. My eclipse has them with a built in level.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 04:54 PM
Evolved Member

I posted a similar thread back in the day and no-one had even told me about the little white knob. I've been driving with my right beam too high for months now. I'm gonna check it out again, and if I can figure it out, I'll price it at the dealer and let you know.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 05:18 PM
Evolving Member

coolness