Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Control arm bushings????

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Control arm bushings????

what up 'yall, my control arm bushings in the front have seperated, and the crunch sound is present, steering has been compermised and just crappy handling all around. i called every auto parts store in my area and no one sells either the front control arm assembely or more importantly the bushings. I drive all the time for work, like 900 miles a week, so I'll be needin' some new bushings. i've been looking for urethane ones if possible, or at least a solid state one. the stock rubber recessed is bull crap. anyone please help.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no aftermarket bushings that i am aware of. gotta go with OEM. try www.car-part.com and you'll find em cheap.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 12:24 PM

if i knew the measurements of the bushings i would try to fit the ureathane kit from energy suspension from the eclipse models they offer, tempted to windo weld them solid like i've done on my motor mounts.
Old Jun 29, 2006, 04:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 128 Likes on 96 Posts
Works has a urethane bushing for the front bushing on the front control arm. I think it would be impossible to use a urethane bushing at the rear of the front control arm because its pillow ball style. I don't think that urethane has the flexiblity that's needed.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 10:40 PM
Evolved Member

mrfred, me thinks you're thinking of the evo (or works keeps the bushings for the lancer hidden on their website). We're the ugly stepchildren of the Mitsu lineup Thanks for trying, though.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

I think my are going too, if not already gone... So listening in... THanks in advance guys...
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

i have front control arm bushing if you want to buy it from me!! brande new OEM replacement!!! Cheap too, let me know!!!
Old Jul 11, 2006, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

^^^ There's a good option.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

does anyone know what it takes to get Deyeme to make a urethane replacement? What I'm thinking is this: the bushing is question is oriented so the bolt is horizontal and goes in the same direction as the vehicle, correct? I haven't looked at that part in a while and I can't remember. If it was urethane it wouldn't wear out as fast and might act like the Whiteline anti-lift bushings (which don't fit, I was the guinea pig and the bushings are large square deals that would have gone on the rear of the control arm but out arms are totally different from the mirage...) That bushing has some give to it allowing the front end to dive a little in a turn or lift during acceleration, right?
Like I said, I haven't been under there in almost 6 months so I cna't exactly remember. But it would also put another replacement on the market for guys like the original poster who have already worn out a practically irreplaceable part...
Old Jul 13, 2006, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, I found out what it takes- asking So I'm ordering the bushings from krnzzang and having them sent to Deyeme to see if they can do it. The rubber is in a metal donut with a metal sleeve in the middle. depending on construction they might not be able to do it (but it looks exaclty like the motor mount without the base, so I can't imagine why not.) I'll keep you posted and I'll do a writeup if they can make the part.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

edit: I'm a retard and shouldn't be posting when I'm this tired. Sorry.

Last edited by Alchemist; Jul 17, 2006 at 11:35 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2006, 03:43 PM

I replaced rear control arm and they dont sell them at stores, had to go to a dealer ($100+)
Old Jul 22, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry guys looks like it's gonna be replacements from mitsubishiparts.com and windo-weld. Here's the email:

I took a look at the bushing, and there isn't anything we can do about it. If it was just a rubber bushing, it would be easy. If it just had a metal insert, it wouldn't be TOO difficult. The problem is making the insert pieces, the outer ring, AND the poly center, and having the pieced bonded together properly. I'll send the bushing back to you Monday.

-Travis
Deyeme Racing
Old Jul 29, 2006, 07:28 PM
Evolving Member

Not cool...
Old Aug 14, 2006, 06:13 AM

Angry

update...went ahead and got them at the stealership, and at $400 for the pair, i felt like I got robbed. so that's taken care of, but now my ride be shaken like a branch in a storm if and when I drive more than 60 mph. the whole front end shakes, can see the steering wheel moving side to side as if the car is shaking out a big NO! changed the plugs, and got the wheels balanced dead on. Maybe it's the struts/springs? It's not the axel, thank buddha. but really pissing me off. I do most of my driving around 90-110 mph, now feel like a grandma curising with traffic. HELP!!