Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

My left lights (and guages) are out... any idea?

Old Mar 13, 2002, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My left lights (and guages) are out... any idea?

So I put some HID lights in last night (not the kit conversion) and that worked fine, then we tried to make the front sides (blinker area) white. We accidently got the wrong ones first -- they were REALLY blue on the sides -- but it did work. Then we tried new ones (white) and they didn't work before trying the stock yellow lights again... they also didn't work on the left side (drivers side). Now, my gauge lights don't work and my rear light on the same side is out. We've checked all the fuses and they turn out all right. Anyone have any ideas besides putting the main stock bulbs back in and having mitsu take care of it? Could it be a ground problem? What would that entail?

TIA!
Old Mar 14, 2002, 01:09 AM

That's no good! If you already went through every fuse related to the lighting system (make sure you check the high current ones under the hood for the headlights) Open the hood and listen for an audible click when you turn the lights on and off. This is your parking and headlight relays...try listening to parking and then low beams separately. If you don't hear a click for the side that is out than a connection may have been overheated or the relay may be shot. Were you using those high wattage bulbs? If all else fails definitely make it bone stock and bring it back to the dealership like you don't know anything .
Old Mar 14, 2002, 03:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by J_Rooster
sounds like relay or something got cooked, I would not even fox wit it if you can determine that's it, take it back like showroom and play dumb
After a few beers last night, we figured that would be the best approach.

Here's the thing: the other side works, it seems to stop right at the left-side corner and goes all the way back, but also affects the gauges. I'm done ****in' with it, though. Setting an appointment for tomorrow.

Thanks for the help. I didn't think it would be something "stupid/easy to fix"... oh well. That's wutcha get ...
Old Mar 14, 2002, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

Seriously though man, beer and cars? Never a good combo, especially if you're workin' on 'em!

*imagines drunken Orby working on car*
Old Mar 14, 2002, 04:13 AM
Evolving Member

Man, big hands and small holes are a bad combination. My hands are all sore from switchin out those bulbs. *note to self* work on car first then smoke a bowl. not the other way around.
Old Mar 14, 2002, 04:36 AM
Evolving Member

Haha shush, bro, I said BEERS, not TREES.... oh, the cat is out of the bag now!!

You might have big hands, but my skinny hands couldnt find a way in there... cut 'em up a bunch. It's all good though. We'll get it squared away!

Roll on.
Old Mar 14, 2002, 04:37 AM
Evolved Member

Potheads...

Back on topic.
Old Mar 14, 2002, 04:43 AM
Evolving Member

sounds like relay or something got cooked, I would not even fox wit it if you can determine that's it, take it back like showroom and play dumb
I think your right about the relay/junction box.
It happened to my Land Cruiser/LX this year.
I believe there are one relay box on each side, so maybe one of them is now fried.

Luckily it had a warning buzzer and under warranty.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 12:33 AM
Evolving Member

Orb, I had the same idea with the white bulbs took a look at the hand space and said forget it... How did you end up switching them out?
Old Mar 15, 2002, 01:19 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Pass the duchie to the left hand side

If ya don't know yet, Boulder, Colorado has surpassed Humboldt Co. for the bombest nugs in USA
I believe you're going to have to quantify that for me. I have about 6-7 buddies in Boulder and they haven't once mentioned that to me... three of them even lived in Humboldt last summer. That said, I've had Boulder nugs and they're creeper just like any other. When you're talking the finest qualities, I'm not sure even a seasoned smokah would care one way or another.

Originally posted by DEVOTED
Orb, I had the same idea with the white bulbs took a look at the hand space and said forget it... How did you end up switching them out?
Just how you'd think, really. I gave it a try first, with my smaller hands and ****, but couldn't seem to pull it out. Plastikpyro put his hand in there for about 5 minutes, I was freezing my *** off, and then he screamed "I GOT IT"... that's the secret. Wish there was an "easy" way to get it out.