Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2007, 04:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise Control

Hey guys,

My cruise control just decided not to work one day. Is there a fuse for it that I can check. When I looked at both fuse boxes I did not find any fuses for cruise control. Any ideas what could go wrong? The light goes on on the dash when you hit "set" but it does not hold the speed or does anything that it suppose to do.
Old Sep 27, 2007, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

There is a cruise control fuse as shown in this picture from the owner's manual.

That being said, I had this happen once before, and it turned out that somehow the vacuum line got disconnected from the vacuum pump. Check the vacuum line at the locations circled in the picture below.

Edit: Make sure the electrical plug on the vacuum pump is plugged in all the way also.
Old Oct 2, 2007, 08:44 PM
Evolving Member

Does anyone know where I can buy one for pretty cheap??
Old Oct 3, 2007, 05:51 AM
Evolved Member

Buy what?
Old Oct 3, 2007, 05:58 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NewEvolutionIX
Does anyone know where I can buy one for pretty cheap??
rostra sells a cruise control kit
Old Oct 4, 2007, 09:14 AM
Evolved Member

send my friend lanceradam a PM, i know we removed his cruise control from his lancer awhile back. he is going to be making his lancer track-only so i don't think he'd have a problem with you asking for the cruise module.
Old Oct 8, 2007, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Drop me a PM if you are looking for Cruise Control Parts! I took mine out because i switched steering wheels.
Old Nov 7, 2007, 07:01 PM

Ok, I just had this same thing happen. Just noticed it today for the first time. I've searched the forums and found several similar posts but none with any remedy. I've checked the fuse and it's good, all of the hoses and the plug mentioned in the pic above are all connected. Anyone have any further suggestions on this? Thanks.
Old Mar 21, 2008, 02:56 PM

For awhile my CC has not been working. Light still comes on in the instrument cluster but it won't engage. Finally had a buddy of mine (ASE Certified mechanic) troubleshoot the system and he got it narrowed down to the CC ECU. On my car (2002 Lancer OZ) this is located in the passenger foot well behind the glove box. I ran the part number through an OEM part search just to make sure I had the right part, but I'm trying to find out exactly what this part does. A few things I found said it was the Fuel Control Unit and some others said it was the CC ECU. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Does this one part act as both the CC and the Fuel control unit or are there more than one of this same part in our cars and one of them is the CC control and another one, somewhere else, is the fuel control? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Mar 22, 2008, 09:16 AM

Found out for sure that the one part is also the ECU for throtle postition and speedometer. Suprisingly I found one on eBay for about $35 shipped, but all the new ones I found ranged from $250 - $300. Anyway, once I get the part, replace it and determine that it was in fact the problem and my cc starts working again, I'll post a "How To" if anyone's interested. I've already got several pics of the placement and removal steps that I can post if someone needs it. Let me know.