Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Known 2008 problems discussion

Old Oct 3, 2007, 10:37 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Known 2008 problems discussion

Originally Posted by bluewaterDEMON
There are only about 2 or 3 big problems (not major, just annoying) that a lot of 2008 Lancers have.

#1: Cranking issues - A lot of owners have had problems starting the lancer. Longer-than-normal cranking has been reported by a lot of owner's, and I have had it happen to me once or twice. I haven't heard any reports of someone actually not being able to start the lancer, just long cranking times.

#2: Pulling to the left - I think this is more of a GTS issue than a DE or ES issue. I haven't heard many people complain with the DE/ES, but a lot of people with the GTS have a problem with the vehicle having an aggressive pull to the left. This could possibly be either tire or alignment related.

#3: Radio Reception - The 2008 Lancer seems to have really crappy reception (Reported by many people), and I fall into this category. This car has terrible radio reception, and I have no idea whether its in the headunit or the antenna. I do not listen to the radio all that much, so this problem doesn't bother me as much.

Mitsubishi hasn't released any TSB's or re-calls to my knowledge, but they will most likely in the near future. Most of these well-known problems are minor in my opinion. You also have some other problems that seem to only affect one or two people. The problems I have listed have affected as many as 10+ people.
#4: Window scratching The pads that hold the window tend to be scratchy. Some owners have noticed small scratches on their windows after lowering/raising them. BUT the bigger issue is with tint. The scratchy guards will destroy your tint. Fortunately, there is a solution.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good thread! Got my windows done yesterday and the guy said the Outlanders have same problem and a lot of manufacturers are using the harder plastic now.

#5: Speedometer not being 100% acurate. Reading faster than you are actually going.
Old Oct 3, 2007, 12:30 PM
Evolving Member

^^ solution: use a slightly bigger set of tires once dunloop go poo
Old Oct 3, 2007, 07:49 PM

Should that be an issue on a factory car though? Pretty silly in my opinion.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:22 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by GeeTeeEss
Good thread! Got my windows done yesterday and the guy said the Outlanders have same problem and a lot of manufacturers are using the harder plastic now.

#5: Speedometer not being 100% acurate. Reading faster than you are actually going.
OK, I just made a copy of the main thread.

That's not going to be how it works. When I say "Known Problems," I mean "90% of the 2008 Lancers have this problem. Be aware before you purchase." Not just "some cars experience this issue."

My speedo is fine. I haven't seen a large number of complaints yet from other users.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Good thread. I can't wait for All-Data to come out with the 2008 vehicle data-base so I can get some really good information on this car!

As for the speedometer, I personally have had no problems with it. I find my speedometer to be quite accurate.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:52 PM

i fall in like 4 of those 5 problems and i have the DE lancer and i just installed tints so `im pretty fu&*ed up but i just want to know has anybody gone to the mitusbishi corporation to tell them of all the poeple with problems i wish i could but i dont thinks thers one in puerto rico
Old Oct 6, 2007, 05:49 AM
Account Disabled

only problem i have that i've noticed is i can hear a click sound from my speakers when ever i start to lower my back windows or raise them back up. but thats it. i have no other problem
Old Oct 6, 2007, 06:46 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by bizco
i fall in like 4 of those 5 problems and i have the DE lancer and i just installed tints so `im pretty fu&*ed up but i just want to know has anybody gone to the mitusbishi corporation to tell them of all the poeple with problems i wish i could but i dont thinks thers one in puerto rico
knows. But that doesn't mean they're going to fix it.

Ford didn't replace the faulty Firestone tires until people started dying. I don't expect to care about some people with scratched tint.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL so get this, they give us a new radio for the volume issues right, ok find the volume is fixed. we go to use or re program the blue tooth, and now the bluetooth audio is only coming form one speaker.

I am guessing its either a referb radio or somoene didnt connect the wires...
Gonna see whats up next week.

Other then that, the dealer has been pretty responsive.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by evo_soul
LOL so get this, they give us a new radio for the volume issues right, ok find the volume is fixed. we go to use or re program the blue tooth, and now the bluetooth audio is only coming form one speaker.

I have the navi package and I never had any problems with my radio reception so I never got it replaced, so my unit and speakers and wiring are still all stock, and my bluetooth also only comes out of one speaker...I'm pretty sure that is how it is suppose to be.

I mean, it's not like its a big deal, you can still hear fine...the reasoning behind putting it so it only comes out of the front right speaker I believe is so that passengers in the back can't hear it, the mic reception where you talk isn't interfered my noise coming from the drivers side speaker, and so that it isn't as loud for the driver and blaring in his or her ear so that they are not as distracted...atleast that is my take on the whole situation...and I don't find it to be a problem...
Old Oct 6, 2007, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FinestSoldier
only problem i have that i've noticed is i can hear a click sound from my speakers when ever i start to lower my back windows or raise them back up. but thats it. i have no other problem
This is a known issue as well please report it to your dealer as I have a case in for this and they only have limited people who have gone in about it thus far.

It tends to be on those with the sun and sound. If you adjust your windows or mirrors you will hear noises through your speakers. I think its just dirty power or bad wiring but its quite annoying.
Old Oct 6, 2007, 05:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo_soul

That is how it is supposed to work if they didnt do it like that you would get bad echo and feedback through the mic.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:42 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by Kwelity
This is a known issue as well please report it to your dealer as I have a case in for this and they only have limited people who have gone in about it thus far.

It tends to be on those with the sun and sound. If you adjust your windows or mirrors you will hear noises through your speakers. I think its just dirty power or bad wiring but its quite annoying.
FWIW, I never experience that problem.
Old Oct 7, 2007, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Blacksheepdj
FWIW, I never experience that problem.
Yea I was informed it was a known issue but it didnt effect a bunch they dont have specifics yet though. They are working it of course but still the more folks who have it and report it the harder they will work on it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Known 2008 problems discussion