Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Problem with 2003 Lancer ES

Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with 2003 Lancer ES

My gf's car has been having some issues and we can not figure out what the problem is. The car will run fine when it is first started, but once it warms up it has a very rough idle when you stop and will sometimes die. Also sometimes when you start the car it will rev higher than normal and then level out. Both the battery and the alternator have been test and both came up good. Any ideas?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by Jared622
My gf's car has been having some issues and we can not figure out what the problem is. The car will run fine when it is first started, but once it warms up it has a very rough idle when you stop and will sometimes die. Also sometimes when you start the car it will rev higher than normal and then level out. Both the battery and the alternator have been test and both came up good. Any ideas?
Have there been any recent modifications to the car?
Old Jan 15, 2009, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

No the car is totally stock with approx 97000 miles.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Could be the recall problem that I had. Mine would idle hard when I start it up. I would call your local Mitsubishi Dealer, give them your vin, and have them see if the recall work has been done or not.
Old Jan 22, 2009, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

if you havent had it fixed yet i'd take a look at the egr valve might be some carbon build up due to some peoples idea of dry gas/injector cleaner products that dont clean up well. if u can get ur hands on a scanner that checks all sensors its ur best bet to record the log and send it over. youll notice if tps or anything is not functioning correct. i have purchased one of these scanners and the 220$ was worth it as fixing vehicles is much easier now. elminate the whole could it be this and change 1 part not 10 but egr is only like 2-3 8mm bolts usually easy to find on our cars too so give it a shot

Search this Thread