Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

A couple of OZ questions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2009, 11:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A couple of OZ questions

Hi,
I just bought a used '03 OZ. There are a few little items I'd like to get worked out and I've never had a Lancer before so any help would be appreciated . In the engine compartment fuse box there appears to be 3 fuses missing...unless they're for features my car doesn't have, I'm not sure. Number 11 (Condensor fan motor), number 25 (Daytime running light), and number 6 ( Front fog lights) are all empty. I just got the description of the fuse number from the owner's manual, I have no idea if they're correct or not.
I also pulled two trouble codes off the the ECU. P0421 and P0183. I found all the info I need on the first code and I'm pretty sure this vehicle was never taken in for the recall so that's not a problem (except it has 130K mile so it may not be free ). But I couldn't really find a root cause for the second code. I understand it's reporting high input from the fuel temp sensor...but what does that mean? Loose connection? This sensor is attached to the fuel pump right? I wouldn't want to have to change the whole pump just to get a mal-functioning sensor to work. I checked connections on the ECU already but I'd like to double-check the connection to the sensor. Can anyone give me some info on how to access it?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

I know that ALL those fuses we do not use. Car has no fog lights and no DRL.

As for the code, I'm not too sure about the fuel code you pulled.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 02:37 PM

OK, perfect thanks. As for the fuel temp code...I tore out the back seat and removed that little access cover to get at the fuel tank. There was one connector in there...I thought it was for the fuel level sensor but I removed and re-seated it anyway with no luck. I still get P0183. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jul 2, 2009, 06:55 AM

Bump