Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Driver side window problem

Old Sep 19, 2005, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Driver side window problem

I need some help, 2 months ago both front door windows on my car where smashed for no reason (nothing was stolen, just vandals). after replacing both windows my driver side window won't roll up well. when rolling it slides out from the rail, took it to the dealer and they told me $160 just for diagnostic and probably around $400 for everything done. I personally believe it is the hanger that holds the window that needs to be changed, if anyone know where i can get the hanger for cheap or knows what is meant to be changed i would really appreciate the info.
Old Sep 19, 2005, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

just pop the panel and check it out yourself. i dont know about lancers, yet, if you can pop the panel and then roll it up, watch carefully and then see what happens. just check yo sh*t, dont let the dealer rape you
Old Sep 19, 2005, 03:26 PM

dealers are vicious, i will pop it open this weekend
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:47 PM

Just as a follow-up. I had the exact same issue with my drivers window.
Long story short, I fixed it by taking out the new piece of glass and reattaching it. Turns out that both the screw holes didn't line up on the assembly. I attached one properly, and attached the other with a zip-tie, and now the window raises and lowers as expected.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The "hanger" you speak of is called the window regulator. They are available aftermarket for a very reasonable price. Check rockauto.com

I think this will fix your problem. Not a difficult repair either assuming you are somewhat mechanically inclined.

Search this Thread