Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Road vibration/roughness?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2011, 03:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Road vibration/roughness?

Hey,

Got OZ with 150k mile on it. For while now i've been driving and just seems to have more of a vibration to it then it should,not very smooth. When i put my foot on brake for a turn,I can just feel vibration up there. I got a new rear passenger tire in november,then a new front passenger tire a few weeks later..both because of flat and a leak..then an alignment and rotation a week later. Then i got my tires balanced a few weeks later,and rotated to move the one new tire to the front.

I also must add that a week or few days after my alignment it was pulling to the right again and i still have to tilt steering wheel to the left to make it go straight..im takin it back there tomorrow...i have warranty on it so..

maybe thats makin the ride a little rough?

thanks
Old Jan 25, 2011, 06:43 PM

well i dont know if ur problem is similar to mine but when i drive on the freeway or go above 50, the steering wheel shakes quite a bit and it seems to pull to one side. Check the tierods and found out it was the inners that were bad, took it to the shop and got it fix and no more steering wheel shaking or pulling =D oo and also i had a alignment after the tierod fix.
Old Jan 25, 2011, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by lancer586
well i dont know if ur problem is similar to mine but when i drive on the freeway or go above 50, the steering wheel shakes quite a bit and it seems to pull to one side. Check the tierods and found out it was the inners that were bad, took it to the shop and got it fix and no more steering wheel shaking or pulling =D oo and also i had a alignment after the tierod fix.
oh,and i forgot to add in there that the same place that did my alignment did new tierods..so idk wth is up..