Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Trunk release wire location inside trunk???

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2011, 06:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trunk release wire location inside trunk???

ok so with the help of some smart guys from Boston acoustics I've installed a aftermarket alarm system on my 09, the stock system was no help when someone smashed my drivers side rear window in to steal my screen, anyways all works well with the new alarm but we cannot find the trunk release wire to hook up to the new module to allow me to open my trunk from the new remote.. we found a bunch of wires going to the release but when we hooked a voltage meter up to them , none of them showed any signal when we pressed the trunk release button on the stock key so i was wondering if anyone knows which wire is the trunk release wire? pictures if possible would be greatly appreciated but any help none the less is great!
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by daniphantom
ok so with the help of some smart guys from Boston acoustics I've installed a aftermarket alarm system on my 09, the stock system was no help when someone smashed my drivers side rear window in to steal my screen, anyways all works well with the new alarm but we cannot find the trunk release wire to hook up to the new module to allow me to open my trunk from the new remote.. we found a bunch of wires going to the release but when we hooked a voltage meter up to them , none of them showed any signal when we pressed the trunk release button on the stock key so i was wondering if anyone knows which wire is the trunk release wire? pictures if possible would be greatly appreciated but any help none the less is great!

Here is a partial schematic of the circuit

you might need the whole schematic as there are relays and other such wires...not a simple circuit. Also the switch may be ground controlled, not power. The whole schematic is 17 MB.
Attached Thumbnails Trunk release wire location inside trunk???-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by ninjacoco; Aug 30, 2011 at 03:37 PM. Reason: merge
Old Sep 6, 2011, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks!!