Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

ALT Fuse on Batt.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2002, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question ALT Fuse on Batt.

I was on my way to work on monday, when all of a sudden my car shuts down when i turned my head lights on. after driffting into the shoulder i tried to start it again but it wus no use the batt. was dead.

after i got it jump started, i noticed that the fuse that sits on top of the battery was blown. i had it towed to the Dealer to to be serviced because i had to get to work, when my car was looked @ there, the guy who worked on my car said he was going to void my whole warranty, because the fuse was "not stock" whick was a load of crap, considering it was there when i bought the car brand new. i fought with him and got him to not void the waranty, but now i found out when i picked the car up that he took the entire fusse off of the batt. and directly conected the wires to it. he also told me that he looked at another 2002 Lnacer OZ on the lot, to see that there was not a fuse like that on the other one, but he did not look under the red cover. since i took mine off, i guess it was hard for him to understand

now i have to go back and make him replace the section he took out

the question is has anyone else had a problem with their fuse on the batt. that i assume is inbetween the alt. and the batt.?

it so please let me know so i can have an idea of how to handle these fools at the dealership it would be a great help

thank you