Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally ( Idle Problem)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2012, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally ( Idle Problem)

Hey everyone, i need help. I have a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally 2.0L and i recently had a check engine light come on. Car drove great other than my car would jerk a couple times randomly. So i get the codes read and it said o2 sensor or catalytic convertor. So i took it to a shop, they stated i needed both upstream and downstream o2's. So the upstream i bought from autozone(it was o.e.m not aftermarket) and my dad replaced that one. He tried to do the downstream & couldnt figure it out. Finally he got it off but couldnt locate the plug on it, so he cut the wires on it and tried hooking up the new one to the old plug and ever since then, my car idles low. I ended up taking it to a shop and they changed it out with a new one but when i don't have my a/c on my car idles really low, almost stalling out but with a/c on, the idle is perfect.My mechanic did tell me a new code popped up stating something about getting my computer chip reprogrammed because its giving false codes about my catalytic convertor. Im kind of torn about the idle. We did disconnect the battery but no help. Can anyone please help? Thank you