Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2006 lancer oz rally clutch install issues need help asap!!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2012, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2006 lancer oz rally clutch install issues need help asap!!

so my clutch cooked and i ordered and exedy replacement clutch did the swap had everything put together, go to start the car and it sounds like its grinding and just in general not making a good sound.. after leaving it running like that for about 30-45 seconds to try and find where the sound is coming from it started to smoke a little bit and smelt alot like burning plastic.. i checked the starter and couldnt see anything wrong, my buddy opened the inspection plate and says it looks like something is catching the teeth on the flywheel.. i dont have a clue what it could be and i dont have a clue what the burning smell could be.. also i pulled dummy and cant remember how the shift linkage assembly goes onto the tranny, i put it the only way it seems possible and it catches and wont go into revers and has a hard time for 5th gear.. so if i can get a pic posted of what that looks like that would be amazing.. im really flustered cause it seemed like everything was going so smoothly.. but then this happened if you need more details just ask. any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. thank you, chase.