Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Instrument Panel Problems

Old Mar 13, 2013, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Instrument Panel Problems

Okay, the instrument panel in my 03 lancer es went haywire on me. My tach went completely out, my speedo was stuck on 32 mph, my fuel gauge, temperature gauge, and rpms were not even moving. My seat belt light and my engine light (nothing more than oxygen sensor that was getting changed out in a couple weeks since it's stuck in the cat) have turned off.

I checked the fuse, it still tested good, so I went into the actual panel, unplugged it for at least 30 seconds and plugged it back on. Gauges started working with the rpm needle sticking a little. After a few minutes of driving everything went normal.

Yesterday, it decided to go even more haywire. Speedo at 140 mph, tach was flashing, rpm was about 16000, temperature gauge was on hot, and fuel guage was on full (although it was not). So everytime I would start my car, my fuel guage would flutter, then start on full, creep down to empty, and go back up to full.

Then I get home today, and I'm back at step one with none of them working. Does anybody have any idea what this could be? Is it something as simple as getting a new instrument panel, or is it something else like an electrical or ECU issue?