Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Need some questions answered please.

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2013, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some questions answered please.

Hello all, I was sent here by my wife if find so advice about some problems her 03 ES is having.

First off I feel like I'm intruding on here cause I'm a Honda driver and the tech forum I'm on for my car is set up a little differently so I'm not 100% sure I'm posting in the correct place. If so, feel free to move this thread. Secondly I know almost nothing about Mitsubishi motors so if anything sounds stupid I apologize in advance.

OK so here's whats going on with the car. Its having a bit of a high idle, getting around 3k rpms at times. Its happened before and I tweaked the throttle cable and idle screw and it seemed to fix it but its started up again.Is there any part that can be cleaned or tweaked with other then the idle screw and cable that can help this problem??

Problem 2: about a week ago my wife and I noticed the engine making a ticking noise. From my experience with this car it has always sounded like a sewing machine, but it seems much louder now. What might cause this and what can be done to stop it?

Oh and the car is completely stock inside and out. Have had regular maintenance done on it and the last part replaced was the square fan control (sensor?) that kicks the radiator fans on.

I thought Id throw this in here too since it bugs my wife to no end, the trunk does not close unless you slam the living hell out of it. I've inspected and searched but and find anything blocking the latch. Any idea why it is such a pain in the butt?

Last edited by mitchh29; May 5, 2013 at 10:30 PM.
Old May 12, 2013, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I was having the same problem when I installed a SRI unplug the battery from the car for 24 hours and let the computer reset. That fixed my problem. For the trunk not closing I have no idea.. I've never had any problem let that maybe the bottom piece where it latches onto is bent in some way or loose? Why don't you take it apart and of everything looks good... Lube all the moving pieces and put it back together. Good luck