Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

AC/Heater blower always on and also radio issues (not sure if they are related)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2013, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC/Heater blower always on and also radio issues (not sure if they are related)

Hi All, sorry if some of you have already read this. I accidentally posted it in the 2002-2007 section. This should have been posted in the 2008+ section.

Hello, I have a 2008 ES and all of a sudden when I started it last Friday the AC/Heater blower is always running. Earlier last week I started having problems with the radio. There would be no sound all of a sudden but it still showed the station that I was listening too (so the display stayed on and controls all seemed to work). The radio will always eventually come back on but its certainly annoying. The AM half of the radio went out a couple of years ago and the dealership replaced the radio that time when it was under warranty.

I took part of the dash apart and pulled the radio out to make sure all of the connectors were seated properly. Everything seemed to be seated properly going to the radio and also to the heater/AC controls below. To further troubleshoot I unplugged the connector that goes to the heater/AC controls and turned the car back on. To my surprise the fan is still blowing. I went as far as checking the connector to the blower motor that is behind the glove box. Everything seems ok. Obviously the blower does not turn on if I disconnect that connection. I'm kind of lost at this point but money is tight and it's $90 just to have the car checked/scanned at the dealer. Who knows what it will cost once they figure out what is wrong... Does anyone have any suggestions? Do you think the problems are related? I guess I should throw in that I didn't notice anything wrong with the wiring either behind the radio or by the blower but I didn't have the entire dash out so I couldn't see everything in between those 2 points. I must admit I'm kind of a chicken when it comes to working on the electrical side around air bags.... not sure what it takes to make those go off but I don't want to know what it feels like if it did. Oh, also all fuses have been checked both under the dash and under the hood.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

I have an appointment with the dealer tomorrow to run the diagnostics on it but if anyone can provide anything tonight that I can check or do I'd gladly cancel my appointment to do so! Thanks again.