Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Remote start cranks but will not start without the key in the on position

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote start cranks but will not start without the key in the on position

What am I doing wrong? I have searched and found several wiring diagrams. I have connected my relay to the blue/blk wire on the ignition harness and cut the black/yellow wire and connected those to the relay, last wire going to the anti grind wire on my alarm. The car cranks for about 10 seconds but will not start. Unless I have the key in the on position... what am I missing, obviously something to cause the car to think the key is on, but I am at a loss. I can't seem to find it. last piece of my alarm install and then everything will work! Please help!
Old Aug 30, 2013, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So the blue/black is for the acc. from what I can find.

ACC is NOT the same as key on so that is likely your problem. The key has off/acc/key on/start

I am not sure which one sends the key on signal but you could try testing the black/white wire in the ignition harness to see if it sends the signal. It should not take too long to determine which wire in the ignition harness sends the key on signal
Old Aug 31, 2013, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 03lances
So the blue/black is for the acc. from what I can find.

ACC is NOT the same as key on so that is likely your problem. The key has off/acc/key on/start

I am not sure which one sends the key on signal but you could try testing the black/white wire in the ignition harness to see if it sends the signal. It should not take too long to determine which wire in the ignition harness sends the key on signal

You are correct it was blk/wht not blue/blk, my memory is suspect at best. Turns out though that there was a deformity in the connector alarm module side. remove a little plastic lip and it actually plugs all the way in. it is working fine now. Thanks for the response though!