Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

throttle body problem

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
throttle body problem

i bought a 70mm throttle body but on the bottom it doesnt have what seems to be the vacuum lines or something idk what they are but it has 2 tubes that run to the bottom of it with squeeze-me clamps, and it has no where that it would bolt onto the new throttle body but the screws on the bottom are soo soft theyre just trying to strip. if you want i can take some pictures and show you all so you know what im talking about but i have no idea how imma get that on there and the 4 bolts just barely dont line up. but i could prolly find an adapter, huh?

i need to know what the 2 tubes are for and if i need them or how i can get back to installing the throttle body and not run with any issues when i start the car
Old Feb 12, 2014, 04:43 AM
Evolved Member

pics pls
Old Feb 12, 2014, 06:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What car did this new throttle body come off of. The tubes are probably coolant lines, pics would be helpful.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:44 AM

ill post pics in a few mins i know the lines are for coolant just dont know if i neeed them on the throttle body, but the new throttle body is a "universal" one from ebay its got a connector for the throttle cable and tps and thats ittt, i do believe i have someother sensor on the bottom part so idk if i can go without the bottom part...

pics coming up, will label them for the question i need to know
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
That's why you don't buy universal parts off ebay if you're uncomfortable with the idea of custom fabricating.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:28 PM

1 - where one tube connects to the bottom of TB

2- where that tube connects to another tube right at the engine

3- where both tubes connect to TB the left one is the 1st one

4- the sensor im not sure about

5- the tps

do i need number 4, ad the 2 tubes on the bottom?
Attached Thumbnails throttle body problem-1a.jpg   throttle body problem-2a.jpg   throttle body problem-3a.jpg   throttle body problem-4a.jpg   throttle body problem-5a.jpg  

Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Just sell this POS throttle body and buy one designed for the car. The hoses are an issue, the bolts don't line up, and god knows what other problems will pop up.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ambystom01
That's why you don't buy universal parts off ebay if you're uncomfortable with the idea of custom fabricating.
yeah i figured it may need a little, but i have no problem getting it fabricated, i saved over $200 on it versus any other TB so i have $200 to get it fabricated to bolt on, just dont even know if its possible to do?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:33 PM

Just sell this POS throttle body and buy one designed for the car. The hoses are an issue, the bolts don't line up, and god knows what other problems will pop up.

well the ones i found for this car are 300+ and you stilll have a core charge too, i got this one fr $78 free shipping and no core charge. it should be worth it to fabricate at that point wouldnt it?

edit- not to mention i only found one that will bolt on and its onlyyy 6mm overbore and its $299 plus a $300 core min, im not gonna have $600 that can sit in there pockets for about a week before i get back the $300

the rest of the TB i seen are same size basically OEM and why get that when im looking for at least a 65mm TB since i have a 54mm i believe

Last edited by FOOKhonda; Feb 12, 2014 at 12:36 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old Feb 12, 2014, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Why increase the TB size anyways? what gains are you expecting to see out of this
Old Feb 12, 2014, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FOOKhonda
well the ones i found for this car are 300+ and you stilll have a core charge too, i got this one fr $78 free shipping and no core charge. it should be worth it to fabricate at that point wouldnt it?

edit- not to mention i only found one that will bolt on and its onlyyy 6mm overbore and its $299 plus a $300 core min, im not gonna have $600 that can sit in there pockets for about a week before i get back the $300

the rest of the TB i seen are same size basically OEM and why get that when im looking for at least a 65mm TB since i have a 54mm i believe
And this one doesn't bolt on, doesn't have the correct lines and who knows if the electronics are correct.

6 mms overbore is huge. You're not going to see any gains anyways.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 01:45 PM

to eusgen
im not expecting any big gains or anything im just increasing the size of my intake, my next step is the manifold, i want it to be ported to whatever size TB i get, then im going to get a turbo and work the exhaust back

to amby
and as far as i can tell it doesnt have any "electronics" to it whatsoever
but what would be a good overbore size? i was just kinda going as big as i could and still get the intake to match it with no problems
Old Feb 12, 2014, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

Just go with the RRM or equivalent throttle body.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 08:20 PM

Just go with the RRM or equivalent throttle body.
yeah the RRM was the one i was gonna get since they have the intake manifold ported to match it, i just didnt want to basically pay $600 for it til they get mine back for the core charge, im wondering if i could talk to them about that cause im just not gonna have an extra 300 for them to hold for that long til taxes next year lol

but all the other ones are 4-600 with not even looking at their core charge either
Old Feb 12, 2014, 08:26 PM

BTW

i just wanted to say that you guys are all very helpful here im glad im came here to ask questions and stuff, and i hope everyone ive talked to and has helped me will see this cause its for all you guys too, youve helped me move on to bigger/better questions XD

thanks a bunch so far guys, really.

Quick Reply: throttle body problem