Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

Need Help!!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2014, 06:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need Help!!

Hey guys, I have been having some weird issues for the past 2 weeks with my 2010 Lancer ES. It started one day when i went to pick my fiance up from work, it sounded as if my car was trying to start (clicking) i just thought that maybe i had accidentally hit my remote starter. So i started my car and then my ASC lights came on and the service engine soon. Car was acting real sluggish. So i restart it and it was fine. Get to my fiances work and go to shut off my car and it wouldnt shut off, with the keys out i could still put it in gear and drive. Only way i could shut the car off was to unhook the battery. And to start it you have to have the battery unhooked. put the keys in the ignition turn the key to the on position and then hook the battery up, otherwise it wont turn over to start. If i leave the battery hooked up even without any keys in all the lights on the dash come on as if the car was running and the fuel pump comes on and i get that same clicking. Then 2 days ago my ABS and ASC lights both come and will not turn off. Car also feels real sluggish til i get to about 20 mph. I have absolutely no idea what is going on. Mitsubishi cant get me in til next week. Didnt know if anyone else had run into anything like this or might have some sort of idea what is going on. Faulty ignition switch and the speed sensors faulty due to needing alignment?

any help is greatly appreciated!! just hoping its not the computer
Old Jun 20, 2014, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
First off, you need to check the codes that have been set. Every time a light comes on, a code is set.

Definitely sounds like an electrical issue. You mentioned you had a remote start system, who was this installed by? Also, did this happen shortly after the remote start was installed? I would be checking all battery cables for loose/corrosion. also and ground cables on the firewall/body.

What you are describing involves 3 or 4 different ECU's, so I wouldn't think it was all of them. It is possible one is causing all the problems.